Chapter 3

I was packing my up my backpack when someone knocked on the door. "It's open." I said confused. No one knew I was here so how am I getting a visitor.

Maybe it was a nurse coming to check on me. But when the door opened it wasn't a nurse, it was the guy from next door who had got shot.

"Hey ." I said as I changed my shirt. "What's good." he said as he limped into the room on his crunch. "Uh the lady nurse told me you was leaving today so I decided out of the kindness of my beautiful heart to come say goodbye." he said as he fluttered her eyelashes.

I rolled my eyes. "You in here because of a gun shot wound , I don't think it's a bit of kindness in there." I laughed.

"Alright you got me, but uh yea I did wanna say bye. I'ma be in here for a couple more days till I heal up then I'll be on my motorcycle in no time." he said "Please don't tell me your gonna ride a motorcycle out of this place?" I said as I threw my book bag over my shoulder.

"Nah my pops coming to get me." he said as he took a seat in the bed. "That makes me feel a lot better." I said as I looked at him.

"Now get out of here , it's getting to mushy ." he said as he winked at me.

"Bye." I said as I hugged him quickly and ran out of the room.

i called Keeto and asked him where was my truck and by the grace of God he had Toby drive it up here before her dinner.

I felt around my bag and found my keys. I jumped in my front seat and sped home. I ran upstairs and changed my clothes.

as I was coming downstairs I seen my brother at the bottom of the stairs. "Dads gonna kick yo ass dawg." he teased as I made it to the door. I rolled my eyes at him.

I walked out of the house and seen my dad in his chair in the driveway. "You know you grounded right." he said.

"Why !? I'm the one who's been in a hospital all night for a damn fever and broken ankle." he snapped.

"I don't care you should have called!" he yelled. "I did ! I called you I called momma , even the hospital called y'all and no one answered." I said , I felt myself shaking.

"You know what forget it , just forget it." I said as I slammed my truck door . My migraine was coming back and my ankle didn't feel any better.

I parked in my spot and went to the front office. "Uh hello where do I put this note ?" I asked the lady in the front.

"In that box." she pointed to the one outside of the attendance office. when I dropped the doctors note in the box the lady handed me a pass and I walked as fast as my ankle would let me to get to class.

I got annoyed quickly as I took my seat. "I see you decided to join us." she said as she looks down at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I said as I rubbed my temples.

~

~

~
I got in my truck and laid my head on the steering wheel. someone knocked on my window and I looked up. It was Mac. He waved at me an I smiled. He got into his truck an I opened my door. Time for hell.

I can't take another day of detention. That room makes me want to jump off a 12 story building.
~

~