03

THE SUN had barely risen into the sky before she was dressed in her Ravenclaw robes and in the hall. She wished to avoid awkwardness with her house mates and get her time table as early as possible.

   The Ravenclaw sauntered into the Great Hall, the aroma of pancakes and eggs filled her with ecstasy. Taking a seat at the end of her house table Aminta grabbed a plate of food and a glass of apple juice.

   Professor Trelawney started passing out the schedules once the table was almost full. Aminta didn't care what she got as long as she didn't have "Care of Magical Creatures" on her first day. Hagrid was a good teacher but she hated the subject.

     "Here you are, Miss Anderson." Trewlaney said handing her the schedule.

     "Oh thank you, Professor."

Relieved was an understatement to how she felt at that moment. She did not have Care of Magical Creatures, in fact she didn't have that until Wednesday. Charms, her favorite subject happened to be the first class of the day. Thank God she beamed, pulling the slip of paper to her chest.

Dumbledore walked up to the podium and began speaking about the O.W.L testing and the rest of the rest of the exams. Also mentioning the Quidditch Captains. Harry Potter being the Gryffindor one. No surprise there! Cho Chang was the captain of Ravenclaw. We might actually have a chance of winning the Quidditch Cup this year, Aminta presumed.

The time came for her to leave the Great Hall and she bolted to the class room,wanting to get a nice seat. Satisfied with her seat in the middle of the classroom the witch took out her working supplies. Ally took a seat next to her, and they sat in uncomfortable silence until Flitwick began speaking.

"As you all should know as fifth years is that this year you will be taking your Ordinary Wizarding Levels, otherwise known as O.W.L.s. This year will be a lot of review of previous years. As well as group projects. Studying is essential this term. Are there any questions?"

   Utter silence filled the room.

"Excellent! Everyone please stand up on the left side of the room please along with your posessions." The professor said pointing in that direction.

  There was a lot of pushing, shoving, and talking but the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws made their Professor's command work as he said.

  "What is this even for?" Michael Corner questioned.

  "Well if you'd stop all of your blabbering I'd be able to tell you." Professor Flitwick grumbled, causing the class to erupt in laughter."Okay class you will be put in pairs for the next few weeks for a project. This could be easy for you as long as you work hard. The project could be on anything to do with what I've taught you. The group with the highest score on this gets an automatic Outstanding  in this class."

    Excitement shone in Aminta's class mate's eyes. She didn't pay much attention to the rest of what Flitwick was saying until he started naming the groups.

    "Carson, Ally and Samson, Evanna. " The pair smiled and sat at the front of the classroom."Lovegood, Luna and Corner, Michael. Weasley, Ginny and Anderson, Aminta."

"Who?" The girls asked.

Immediate recognition on their faces.Upset wasn't enough. Angry didn't cut it. Livid maybe. Onlookers stared at them their confusion being quite evident.

"Head to your seats please." The two obeyed, huffing as they sat.

"You're the girl with the attitude." The red head whisper-screamed.

"I prefer Aminta but yes." She said admiring her nails.

"Arrogant much?" The girl sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"Very." Aminta chuckled.

"Why don't we pretend that this is our first time meeting." She offered.

"Okay. My name is Aminta Anderson. I'm in Ravenclaw. I have two fathers, who can't get married because of ministry inforced laws, a younger sister who I have to protect at all times, and an extreme case of OCD. So aren't I just the happy camper?" She said extending out her hand.

The other witch shook her hand saying,"I'm Ginny Weasley and am in Gryffindor house. My life seems pretty boring compared to yours."

Flitwick had finished grouping up students and began speaking again."There is only a few minutes until the end of class so decide what time you'll start working on it later."

  "We could do it at the library after dinner."Ginny suggested.

  "No that's when Madam Pince is especially cross plus it's usually crowded then." Aminta sighed.

"I could take you to the Gryffindor common room before dinner." She tried.

The teacher opened the doors of the room, chiming," CLASS DISMISSED!"

"That works for me." Aminta said to Ginny, walking away with a few other students to Herbology. Hmmm.