Intruders

Eliana's POV

"Help!" Elizabeth screams.

Slowly guiding me down the halls, we stumble upon the whisper gallery.

"Help! Please!" She cries out.

Grasping my hand tightly around her dress, I begin to slip from her arms, and fall to the floor.

"My Queen, what is th-"

"She's having her child!" She yells.

Grunting out from the pain, I clench my teeth tightly before I feel myself risen from the ground.

"Into her chambers.."

Feeling his arms around me, I faintly open my eyes, to see Francis.

His blonde hair glistened from the candles burning around the halls, his eyes, filled with worry and distress.

"Here. Fetch her ladies, and the physician." Elizabeth orders.

Seeping deeper into my bed, I slip from Francis' arms.

"No, don't leave." I murmur.

The firmness of his hands wrap around mine, before caressing my cheek.

"I'm here..I'm always here." He whispers.

"I need towels, warm blankets, and water..lots of water." The physician orders.

Seeing as my eyes begin to gaze into the light, I feel hands climb inside me.

"I feel the baby's head..he's very eager your highness." The physician says.

Damping me with a wet towel, Talia stands above me, comforting me with her smile.

"You have waited so long for your reunion, just a while longer and you welcome King.." She whispers.

Turning my head towards Francis, I gaze upon his blue eyes.

"A Boy?" He smiles.

"Push, My Queen. As you life depends on it."

Taking a deep, but faint breath, I push with everything I have before feeling my body completely pour out of me.

"Ahhh!" I yell, before gasping for more air.

"Good, one more my Queen."

The pressure from my belly tightens as I give one more push, before my body completely flattens.

"Congratulations, My Queen. You brought us a King..."

 "A King.." Francis whispers, as he kneels beside me. 

"We're finally a family..and you're my wife.." He says.

"Eliana? Here's your son.." Talia says, resting his warm, pink body wrapped around a blanket, on my chest.

Bringing my hand up to his cheek, I run my thumb over his newly soften skin.

"What will you name him?" She says.

"James..Francis Valois.." I whisper.

"Let her rest. This was a swift delivery, but left her with much scars.."

Collecting her things, Talia walks over to her.

"I will stitch her up, and she will need to be cleaned every hour or so." The physician orders.

"Of course.."

Still holding my son, Francis' hand falls softly upon mine, as we look at our precious child.