Friends

Your POV.

"Shit I'm late!" I said as I was running down the sidewalk of New York city. God, Jameson is going to have my head if I'm not there in the next five minutes. He being my boss and all, I am a photographer for spiderman. I work with Peter Parker on this and yes I know that he's the famous spiderman whom our boss hates but hey Peter is one of my closest friends plus he tries to save the city, better than whatever Jameson does in his free time I bet. I get lost in my thoughts as I still try to navigate thru the crowd to work. I'm just a little ways from the Daily Bugle building and I still have like 3 minutes.

After another minute of sorting thru people I finally got into the building and headed straight for the stairs to run up. The elevator takes to long in my opinion plus like no one uses the stairs anymore besides Pete and me but that's because we get here late usually and have no time to wait. I made it to where I'm supposed to be right on time too.

"(L/N)!!!!!" Jameson yelled, "Yes, sir?" I replied panting, I'm glad I can run as fast as I do but still wears me out. "Where's Parker? Is he late again?" I sigh that boy may save the city and all but damn does he always have to be late? Look who's talking (Y/n). "It would appear so sir." "And I'm guessing he kept hold of the pictures of the menace spiderman." I nod, I don't like his whole view on spidey but like a job with good pay is good pay. "I'm sure he'll be here in a minute or two sir" I say as I see a blur of blue and red in the corner of my eye through the window.

"That boy is lucky he and you are the only ones who can get good pictures of spiderman." I scratch the back of my head and look at the ground, if he knew how come we got such good pictures. Just then Pete burst into the busy workplace, "Sorry I'm late," He huffed way too quickly for his breath to keep. "WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS!" Jameson yelled for no reason that greedy bastard, god sometimes I just want to punch him in the face but he's my boss so I can't do that unless I want to get sued and fired. Peter handed over the practically selfies to the bitch without a word. "Talk to Betty about your pay," then he went to his office. Awe yes Betty Brant, she is one of those chicks that you like but don't like at the same time. Mainly because she is a very headstrong woman and a great co-worker but she's a whore. She is constantly flirting with Peter and well she goes on so many dates just to get laid, like I said one of those like but dislike kind of people.

"Hey (Y/n), sorry about being late. Did he yell at you for long?" Pete apologized. "Nah only when I got here and it was just my last name that he yelled, so you're good bro." I replied, he chuckled. We started over to Betty's desk, She was already with our checks and was looking lustfully at Peter, god did that disgust me and from looking at Peter freaked him out.

I tapped his shoulder lately to tell him not to speak, it's our little code. I mainly did that because I didn't want him to get flirted with today, it gets annoying especially when you want to get your pay. He nodded understanding and thankful, we got up to her desk he kinda was behind me. "Hey Bet can we have our paychecks please, we kinda have to get out of here in a hurry." "Oh hey (Y/n)," She paused and did this cutesy wave to Pete, "hi Peter. Here's your pay you two, if you don't mind me asking why are you in such a hurry to leave?" "We have to deal with some stuff like errands and such." I answered quickly, I really want to leave and talk to Pete about him being late because of heroing. Honestly I love the fact that Pete is a hero and can beat up the bad guys and stuff like that, I'm kinda jealous of him. "Well alright then." She replied and turned back to her work but not before waving bye to Pete. We quickly got out of there and went to the busy streets of New York.

After of like an hour of walking and talking about bullshit like his studies in college and whatnot, we finally got to an ally that no one was near and we went up to the roof of one of the buildings so no one can hear us talk. "So hot shot spill it who did you have to take down this morning that made you late?" I asked, he chuckled "Well it was just some dudes that planed to rob a bank but I kicked their butts hard enough for both of us." We smiled "Dude bro thanks." " No Problem." He scratched the back of his neck, looked down, and blushed, why you might ask because the man has a crush on me. How do I know? One) he makes it easy to tell and two) he actually asked me out two years ago when he became the web head, we were friends then and I didn't feel the same way about him but at least he was okay with just being friends tho sometimes it does get awkward.

"You would think people would stop doing that when there are so many heroes here in New York." I said getting him to look at me. "Yeah, you would. Wait doing what?" He kinda got confused at what I said. " Little crimes like stealing and shit. There are so many heroes in New York that pretty much scare most criminals anyways like you for instance, you'd think they would give up and let the big villains try to kill ya'll. Not like I want villains to kill you but it's just..." dammit lost my train of thought. "See where you're getting at, no worries." He replied and smiled, damn I hate it when he does that it is kinda cute. I just giggled and shook my head, " good 'cause I'd hate to explain it." "Lazy" I rolled my eyes "You call it lazy I call selective participation."

Peter opened his mouth to reply when we heard a scream. "Time to get to work hot shot" I said taking out my camera and smiling. he went to get changed quickly and took off swinging to action taking me and placing me by a close by building so I was out of the way but still able to get good pics of him fighting Venom.