Purgatory

I've been writing a lot but I'm don't know where this going... I hope you still like it! /sorry for spelling or grammar errors. Also for this being a short chapter/

They were quickly at the edge of town facing Purgatory's woods. The woods were dark and ghostly, the only time Dean has ever ventured in there was with a group of people for hunting practice. He was slightly nervous to just go in with only Cas. Sure he knew Cas was an "almighty" angel but the stories he's heard about what lives in the woods, well to keep it short people don't usually come out. As Dean marveled at the woods Cas was already steps ahead of him, unfazed by the darkness. Once they were deep enough in the woods the trees clouded over them, you could only see the gleam of Deans sword.
"Dean, do you have a lantern?" Cas asks stumbling over a fallen branch.
"Im afraid we forgot that.." Dean says with a slight laugh trying to brighten the mood. Cas stops in his tracks making Dean stumble behind him.
"What are you doing Cas?" Dean says with an annoyed tone.
"Do you not hear that?" A low growl came from in front of them. Dean held his breath putting his other hand on his swords hilt, as the growling noise became louder.
"Hell hounds.." Cas whispers, sliding out his sword. Dean's never seen a hell hound only heard of them in stories. Two red eyes emerge from the dark of trees. Cas' wings open covering Dean.
"Dude, watch the feathers." Dean grumbles out trying to push Castiels wings away.
Cas doesn't listen keeping his wings locked around Dean. Two loud thuds rumble through the forest as the black dog appears. Dean struggles trying to push feathers away.
"Castiel I swear! Move your damn wings!" Dean is about to scream once more but is silenced by a bloody scream. Cas' pulls his wings away and dean sees him sheathing his sword. A giant dog lays dead, blood staining the black fur.
"Shall we carry on?" Cas folds his wings down.
"What was that about?!" Dean shouts.
"My job is to protect you, I wouldn't let you mess with hell hounds they are too dangerous. That was only a baby." Cas turns his back to Dean walking on.
"I can protect myself." Dean grumbles, following behind.
Dean sat on a log. "Cas." Dean called after the angel. "This is a good area to camp for the night." Cas' eye brows furrow "Cant we keep walking?"
Dean sighs taking off his boots "I am a human I need rest, and food." Dean responds "So Ill set up a fire while you go collect water and food." Dean shakes the dirt out of his shoes. Cas nods before turning into the woods. "Bring back a bunny or something." Dean calls after him. About half an hour later Cas returns to the camp site where a fire is burning low.
"Dean, I couldn't find a bunny but I got this weird bird th.." Cas looks towards the fire where Dean is laying passed out. Cas thinks about waking him but instead sits beside him. As he plucks the birds feathers to ready it for breakfast. Dean shivers, Cas without even thinking covers him with a wing.