"If you're not eating I don't want to either," He says.

"What? Why not?" I ask confused.

"Because I don't want to. If you're going to go hungry I will too."

"That doesn't make any sense, Newbie," I say still confused. "Just go get some lunch before the bell rings,"

Newbie shakes his head. "Nope, not unless you do too,"

"Holy shit, Newbie, just go get some lunch already,"

Newbie smiles and shakes his head. "Nope,"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No can do,"

"Ugh, Ridge" I say exasperated.

"Why don't you just kiss and make up already?" Aviya asks. My head snaps to her as I give her a confused look.

"What?" I ask. Does Aviya know about Newbie and me? What is even going on between Newbie and me? If Aviya figured it out who else knows? Does Niles know? Is this why Niles isn't here? Does he hate me now? Oh god! 

"Why don't you two just kiss already?" Aviya repeats. "It's obvious you like him back."

"What?" My voice cracks. "You knew he liked me?"

"Beowulf, I told her the first day I met her," Newbie informs. "It was the only way to get her to believe me about not using her for the Chemistry homework."

I stare wide-eyed at Newbie and Aviya. Aviya knew before me? Aviya knew the very first day that he liked me? And she's fine with it? Wait, he liked me from the first day of school?

"And your fine with that?" I ask quietly.

"About you two liking each other?" She asks. "Why not? It's not my place to judge you. Besides, as long as you're both happy I'll be happy. I like when my friends are happy. Or, at least if I had friends I'd be happy if they were happy,"

"Hey, I'm your friend. We've already been through this Aviya," Newbie scolds.

"So you wouldn't mind if Newbie and I like, you know, became something?" I practically whisper.

Aviya smiles while Newbie's eyes widen as he stares at me. Does Newbie not want to become something more? What are we now anyway? All we do is make out. Are we make out buddies?

"Are you kidding me? I'd be totally psyched if you two got together!" She practically hollers. "I mean, what would everyone think when the schools great Beowulf Miller turned gay? And the schools new "hottie" too! The both of you together would be such a shock and totally worth it to watch how everyone reacts." She says excitedly.

"Wow, I never knew you had that much thought about it," Newbie laughs.

"Yeah," Aviya nods her head. "And then if you two got together and came out, and people realize that you're my friends, then maybe they would leave me alone,"

"What if people pick on you even more once they find out were a couple?" I ask.

"Then I'll kick them in their nonexistent balls," She says with a smile.

I cover my own balls with the mental images of Aviya kicking people in the balls. Would she really do that? I honestly can't see Aviya kicking anyone in the balls, let alone leave the library. The only time I see her is at lunch now and Chemistry. People talk about her tutoring in the library though and how she practically lives in there.

"So you'd go out with me then?" Newbie asks me.

I chew my bottom lip. "Maybe if you asked me properly." Where did this sudden courage come from?

Newbie smiles like the Cheshire cat. "How about I take you on a date tonight then?"

"Ooh, I have training tonight,"

"How about afterwards?"

"I don't know. I did just get in trouble last night and ditched going home. I'm sure my mom is pretty pissed still. But you can still try to get me out of the house," I say with a smile.

"I will," Newbie says. "I'll talk to Kaylene while you're at training, and then I'll pick you up,"

"Okay," I laugh.

"It's a date then," Aviya says happily.

________________________555________________________

Author's Blurb

6/16/16

Next chapter, the date! Guys I'm so excited!! Already chapter 30 and were just now going on the date!! HAHA, I'm actually quite proud of myself for getting this far in without much intimacy happening. But don't worry, after the next chapter's date things will progress much faster.

I had a few specific events that I wanted to happen in this book though since there will not be a second with Beowulf and Ridge, but we're already on chapter 30 so I may have to pick the next events more carefully. Otherwise this book may end up close to 50 chapters. I don't know, do you want 50+ chapters or not? Do you enjoy this book enough to have 50+ chapters? I guess we will just have to see what I write in the end. :D