He quickly slipped out of the vent and hid behind the gem pedestal, unsure of who the hell was interfering with the gem stealing mission.

The clicking footsteps that approached him sounded similar to high heels. Bakura looked to his right, seeing the two guards closest to the vent had been shot with tranquilizer darts.

He wanted to scream. Not only was his job being stolen, it was being done wrong.

Bakura looked up a bit, seeing the shadow of a person. They were slender in figure, and sashayed when they walked.
Whoever they were, they snatched up the gem and just shoved it in their pocket like a delinquent.

"Hey."

Bakura looked up when his side was being prodded at by the sole of a boot.
He opened his mouth to speak, but the tan smile just interrupted him with, "Don't try and fight. I'll shoot."

"You screwed up."

Marik's smile faded quickly. "What?"

"Tranquilizers are the weapon of the feeble. Those guards could wake up eventually and say anything to anyone."

"Yeah?" Marik's finger rested on the trigger of his little dart gun. "So what?"

"You also smashed through the window. Breaking things makes a scene. They'll know someone was here."

Saying this made Marik smile again. Cockily, he added, "What if that's what I wanted?"

"Well then, the window wouldn't be necessary." He tilted his head in the direction of the camera. "It's all on film."
Marik's heart sunk as he looked over, but stopped when Bakura snapped, "Don't look directly at it, you bloody idiot!"

"Hey! You're not one to talk, here!" Marik gave Bakura's side a little kick that didn't phase him. "I've got the tanzanite, don't I? I'm the one who took out the guards--!"

"Who are bound to wake up at some point."

"Shut up!"
Bakura stood up, and Marik's arms trembled when he aimed at him. "Don't...d-don't get closer...!"

"I'm not going to kill you. But you might want to close your eyes. Death obviously makes you squeamish."

"What...?"

Bakura moved over to one of the guards and flipped him over. He lifted his chin and slit his throat in one, clean cut. As he moved on to the second one, he saw that Marik's face was riddled with nausea.

"Welcome to thieving." He simply said to him, not caring.

Marik only watched as Bakura shot the camera with a single bullet. Seemingly on cue, the alarms finally started going off.

Talk about horrible security.

Bakura proceeded to kill the other one, finding the third and fourth already dead from the bullet wound. Still, he slit their throats too, for he believed in equality.

When he finished up, he reached out his hand to Marik, who was sitting on the floor. "Tanzanite."

"No."