6. Hard to believe

Start from the beginning

His smirk turned into more like a smile, but immediately vanished and returned to a smirk again. He faced me completely and with a mischievous glint in his eyes, asked, “So, why are you so unobservant?"
I pressed my palm on his chest to push him away from me and replied, “I’m not unobservant."
He chuckled and ruffled my hair like a dog, “You’re funny, Raspberry."
"I wasn't even joking." I grinded.

Without an answer, he went away.

I went to the room and greeted our English teacher, Mr. Scott. It was the AP English class and I was in a good mood – not for long.
As the class started, the door swung open, revealing Ryan. His hair was messy as usual, but it was not like I was complaining or something. He looked great.

I was trying to fix him up with my sister, better be more decent with my thoughts about him.

I have never seen him here. I have never seen him in the math class, either. But this was different because here, I didn't hide from the teacher. I paid attention to the people around me as well.

"Class, just a second." Mr. Scott announced.
"Mr Scott, “Ryan called and started a conversation with him.
After a little talking along with the Ryan, Mr Scott pointed Ryan a seat and he stalked toward them.

 "Oh, hey, Eggplant. We meet again." He whispered while Mr. Scott begun with his class. I saw the amusement on his face. What was he doing here?
"Eggplant?" I asked with confusion. Why would he call me eggplant, out of all the names?
"Why? What’s so bad with the name? It’s cute, just like you. And people call others with names after food items, then why can’t I call you eggplant?" He replied with a huge grin.

That was true though. People love nicknames that are related to food. I love it as well, but not eggplant. I didn't even like eggplant. Ew!

I shifted my attention to the board where Mr. Scott was explaining something about our new book of the week.
After some time, the bell rang and I was free to go for lunch. I ran as fast as I could so Ryan won’t be able to stop me again, and fortunately I succeeded. I later learned that he was in our class because he missed one of his own so he had to cover up his syllabus.

I plopped down on the bench, squeezing in the middle of Jess and Blair.
"Why the hell are you ignoring him, Jady?" Blair asked me without preliminaries.
"I have to. I don't know what to say," I replied and shrugged.
"Well, somebody was being a daredevil last night saying 'I'll go to him and tell him to meet my sister'. What was that then?" She mocked. I knew that she was right. Yesterday, I felt that everything would be easy but I realized it’s not. Hell, it was far from easy.

"First, I don't speak like that. And second, you know what, I'll go to him right now and talk," I firmly declared and held my chin up.
"Yay! Then, go." Blair exclaimed. Oh, so she did plan to provoke me. Good move, Blondie. Good move.

I searched for Ryan and found him sitting with his friends. They usually don't stay in the school during the lunch time but today, they all were here. I raised my eyes heavenward and silently thanked God. He must be in favour of me that day.

"Hey, Ryan." I chirped, causing the guys turn to me with different looks.

Drew and Sebastian passed me a decent smile but Ashton, better known as Ash, was busy with his cell phone, not a single trace of acknowledging my presence.
"What's up, Banana?" Ryan cheerfully greeted.

Banana? Really?
"Hey Jade." Drew greeted which I returned by the same way he did.
"So what's got the cupcake of the school coming here?" Ryan asked.
"I am here to talk to you about the thing." I said, signalling at Sage’s meeting up.
"What thing, Jade?" Ryan asked innocently, getting deeper in his seat.

I groaned and spoke, “Come on, you know what.
"Come on, I don't know."

He was trying to irritate me and he was indeed succeeding. I saw the mischievous smirk forming on his lips and his face was filled with amusement. I bet he enjoyed seeing me in my condition right now.
Since I couldn’t take it, I stormed out of the canteen, muttering curses under my breath. He was getting on my nerve; that was what upset me.

I heard footsteps behind me.
"Oh, come on, Apple. Don't be mad at me." Ryan pouted, looking at me.
"Shut up. I think you don't know about this thing so please go hang out with your friends." I announced, gesturing him to go away.
"Okay, I am serious now. Tell me now." he stood straight on his position like he was ready to march.

I tried my best to control my laughter and spoke, "Meet me at the park today, and we'll discuss about it."
"Aw, I know you would like to have a picnic, but aren't we too old for that?" He asked playfully.
"Enough. If you keep doing this, I'll talk to someone else about it."
I started to walk away – well, more like stomp away - when Ryan grabbed my wrist softly and said, "No, you won't. I'll be there."

I didn’t understand him. One moment he got all cocky and had the 'I am the best person' attitude and then the next moment, he became serious and wise.

The guy was so hard to understand.

I snapped back from my trail of thoughts and started shuffling towards my next class. I also had to prepare myself for the ‘dating’ discussion later.

*************

End of chapter 6. Hope you liked it. :).
Picture of the Newly sisters on the side ------->

Have a great day! :)x