SnowBaz in a tent

Simon thought he heard something from outside the tent.

Don't ask why he was outside in the first place. He had already tried to come up with an actual reason for Watford to go on a 'camping trip' when they have the Wavering woods for anyone to wander into.

The Mage insisted that the magicians all go on a class holiday into the woods. Simon didn't understand why. It was cold in a tent. And he had to share it with Baz. He already had to share a room with him for most of the year. Your roommate was assigned to a tent and you had to share it with them. That was the rule. It was a stupid rule in Simon's opinion. Even tho Baz was less than three feet away.. so Simon could make sure he wasn't plotting.

He sat up ready to attack whatever was outside the tent.

In his struggle to get up he awoke Baz, who was as close to the edge of the tent as possible. Baz didn't feel like getting close to Simon when he knew that all he would want to do is wrap his arms around his smaller frame.

"What now Snow," Baz said in a sleepy voice that still somehow had a bite to it even in the early hours. Practice makes perfect I guess.

"I thought I heard something from outside," Simon summoned the Sword of Mages.

"Crowley, Snow, put that thing away it was only a chipmunk," Baz rolled his eyes at the wide eyed Simon, "Just go back to sleep."

"How do you know Baz," Simon huffed already annoyed at his roommate, "It could have been a goblin."

"Snow it's fine just lay back down," Baz sat up to see Simon's sword gone and him seeming more relaxed then just a few seconds ago.

Baz laid back down now facing Simon but closing his eye. Simon laid down facing Baz and closing his eyes.

*stick snaps*

Simon grabbed Baz's lower arm.

"I heard it again," Simon said shaking Baz's arm so he would actually respond and not pretend to be asleep.

Baz tugged Simon's arm back down and they were closer now, "Stop being so paranoid Snow it's just a chipmunk."

Something in Baz's tone relaxed Simon and he laid back down for the second time. Simon took Baz's hand. Baz jerked away.

"Snow what are you doing," Baz stuttered not used to feeling Simon's skin against his own.

"You make me feel safer," Simon confessed quietly.

"Why, I could kill you right now and no one would even know because I could blame it on the imaginary goblin that 'you saw'," Baz said a sneer back not his face.

"But you won't," Simon said taking Baz's hand again.

"Why not."

"Because you make me feel safe."

Baz didn't know what to say. Simon squeezed Baz's hand and let go of it. Baz instantly missed the warmth that the other boys hand gave off.

"How do I of all people make you feel safe," Baz asked quietly.

"Because you told me it was chipmunk and sounded sincere about it."

"I could be lying," Baz countered back started to get slightly frustrated.

"But you're not. I know you aren't," Simon smiled flicking his eyes at Baz.

Baz didn't say anything after that. He didn't need to. Simon was right. Baz would never actually kill Simon.

Simon scooted closer to Baz and took the other boy's arm and out it around himself. Baz didn't know what to do so he sat there frozen in the moment he thought would never happen.

Simon rested his head on Baz's chest and Baz wrapped his other arm around Simon as well.

"Simon.."

"You make me feel safe Basil," Simon mumbled against Baz's neck.

Baz shuddered. Simon smiled.

"Thanks Baz," Simon was still smiling when he fell asleep, Baz holding him tightly and breathing in his smoky scent.

Baz kissed his forehead so lightly it was like it never happened. Baz didn't really understand what was happening. He was holding Simon Snow. The very person he was supposed to kill eventually. He made Simon feel safe.

Baz fell asleep smiling too.

They both woke up in each other's arms, smiling.