III~My House

Frank

Music, Lunch and PE was my favorite part of today. Why you ask? Because of Hazel. Why because of Hazel? Well, I've kind of... had a crush on her since.... freshman year. Sadly, my whole archery team, 36 people, know I like her.

One Saturday ago, they were looking for me because of "Guys' Night" -which is extra practice- and they found me at a corner staring at Hazel painting a picture of her and some boy that looked like Leo. (A.N: The Feels!!!😭)

So let's just say every single time Hazel's around, they try to get me to talk to her.

Anyway, school was over for me. So I went to the library to study on Chinese handcuffs. Leo gave me them for my birthday and I don't know how to use them.

So for the last one hour and 30 minutes of school, I brushed up on my logic and strategy.

After the bell rang, Hazel was waiting for me. She was talking with Leo. He gave her a kiss on the cheek and drove away in his fiery red Camaro.

Normally, I'm not jealous when I see Leo and Hazel talk, because they are best friends, but I was burning inside like the special piece of firewood stuffed inside of my pocket.

I I took a deep breath and slung my backpack over one of my shoulders and pretended to act cool.

Hazel looked like she was bored. "Shall we?"
"We shall." We headed to my car, which was an blue Impreza with green streaks on the side. We clambered in and we talk as we drove to my house.

--------------_____-----------WHALE--------
Finally, after a 30 minute drive, we made it to my house. I parked on the driveway and we grabbed our backpacks and saw Percy's, Jason's and Leo's cars there along with Annabeth's Calypso's , and Piper's. Suddenly I remembered a tradition at our house. Whenever a new girl comes over, we have to sing "My House" by Flo Rida, Percy said when they moved in.

I stood at the door with Hazel. "Promise you freak out."

"I promise."

I rang the doorbell and heard some feet scuffling and hushed tones. Finally, after for it seemed like 5 minutes, the door swung open with Jason and Percy standing at the door. Percy had his blue hoodie and a green chain with a trident on with sunglasses. Jason had a red hoodie on with a gold chain that had a lightning bolt as the charm. He was also wearing sunglasses, but he had a radio in his hand. I rolled my eyes. Jason put down the radio, grabbed his microphone and the song started to play.

(Hazel: regular, Jason: Bold, Percy: Italics)

Open up the champagne, pop!
There is no champagne.
It's my house c'mon turn it up!
Uh...
Hear a knock on the door and the night begins,
It's not even night.
'Cause we've done this before so you come on in,
No, we haven't.
Make yourself at my home, tell me where've you been,
Ok....
Pour yourself something cold, baby cheers this,
I'm good.
Sometimes, you got to stay in,
I have to leave in 2 hours.
And you know where I live,
Well, now.
And you know what we is,
Not really.
Sometimes you got to stay in, IN!
...
Welcome to my house,
Baby take control now,
Do NOT CALL ME BABY
We can't even slow down,
Yes, we can....
We don't have to go out!
....
Welcome to my house,
Once again, NOT YOUR HOUSE!
Play that music too loud,
I'm good.
Show me what you do now,
Uh... No
We don't have to go out!
*facepalm*

Welcome to my house!
...
Welcome to my house!
...
I stopped them right there.

"Uh, guys? We need to work on our project for the Winter Dance." We slipped behind them and walked up to my room.

It wasn't that messy, like Percy's and Leo's. He had a queen size bed, which was red and the bedpost had a fake spear going through the it. One the cream-colored walls, there were pictures of my grandma and mother. Above my dresser, there was my prized quiver and bow. Next to my dresser was the door to the bathroom. Next to the door, there was a desk with a swivel chair and a iMac.

I sat down in the chair and gestured Hazel to come over and sit on my lap. She plopped down and I swear on the River Styx I saw a smile on her face.

We began to work on our project. Hazel had the best ideas for a song for the Winter Dance. Surprisingly, Hazel's in the dance committee and she told me what the theme was for the dance: an island/ beach.

I remembered a song for the Summer Fest and told her the name. She searched it on YouTube with her iPhone 6. The case was a galaxy with purple and blue stars. We listened to the song.

Hazel turned sideways do I could see if she was playing the right song. She was. It was sad and mellow, but the dubstep made it upbeat and happy at the same time. It reminded me of the beach party in 8th grade. Man, were people out of their minds.

Hazel's frizzy, but curly hair got in my face. It smelled like lemons. I closed my eyes and smiled as I listened to the song. Suddenly, I felt a hard, but sweet stare at me. I opened my eyes.

Hazel was staring at me.

"Uh, Frank? Are you okay?"

I looked down at her. She was just so pretty. I wanted to kiss her so badly. I was about to lean in when Percy barged in saying, "Frank have you seen-" he stopped and looked at us. Hazel and I were firetruck red. We both stared down at the floor.

Percy grabbed the doorknob and walked out smirking. "You know what? Never mind."

Awkward, I thought.

After we calmed down from the surprisement, we continued to work for 20 more minutes. After those minutes, I heard a honk from outside. I looked out my window. Nico.

Hazel put her phone in her bag and walked downstairs with me. I opened the door and saw Nico standing there, pale as usual. He gave me his rare, but fake smile. "Thank you, Frank."

Hazel walked out of my house and drove away with Nico in his black GT-R. I waved and watched them drive away. I thought of my amazing afternoon.

Just then, Leo walked up to me and tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey. Pizza's here." His normal smile turned into his famous cheeky glare. "RACE YOU!" I laughed and ran back inside the house, ready for some pizza.