Stuck Home

Being stuck home, especially during a case like this, really sucks. I don't get to know everything that happens, only little bits and pieces and at a moment like this, I needed to know how Spencer was.

I leaned back on my chair and watched as Penelope did her research on Nathan.

"Looks like he's been killing women. No apparent connection between them other than their age." she said.

"Didn't you say that you met him during a case about prostitutes?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Maybe these girls are prostitutes or former prostitutes. He's angry about something that happened during that case and he's lashing out at the people he blames."

"That would make sense! When Reid and I were called, there was a prostitute there. He couldn't get excited, so he cut himself. What if that happened again, but this time he blames the prostitute?"

"What are you asking me for? Call the team!"

She quickly got a video message. The jet popped up with the team inside. Uncle Aaron noticed and got everyones attention.

"What do you guys got?" he asked.

"We've been looking. Nathan has been killing women around his age, but that has been the only connection." Penelope started.

"So, where you guys said the case you met him was a prostitute case, I thought, maybe these woman are prostitutes or former prostitutes that he's taking his rage out on." I continued. "Garcia explained that he cut himself when he couldn't get excited by a prostitute. Maybe the same thing has happened again, but this time he's lashing out at the women instead of blaming himself."

"Once we land, we can give a profile right away." Uncle Aaron said.

"Spencer? You okay?" I asked. Spencer looked lost in thought. Once I said his name, he snapped out of his trance and he looked up at me.

"Can you guys get me his number?" he asked.

"What? Why?" Penelope asked.

"He wants to talk to me. If I call him, maybe I could convince him to stop and turn himself in."

I looked at Penelope. She shrugged and turned back to the screen. We looked at Uncle Aaron, waiting for a reply.

"We'll wait. If there's another killing, we'll get into immediate contact with him." he said. "Thanks you two."

"No problem."

We ended the call. I sat back in my seat and sighed.

"You okay?" Penelope asked. I nodded. "Is the baby okay?"

"I wish everyone would stop worrying about me!" I snapped, sitting up. "I'm not due for another two weeks! Not in a few seconds!"

"I-I'm sorry." Penelope said. I sighed.

"No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped. I'm tired and hormonal and I just can't wait to have this baby already. Everyone treating me like a baby hasn't been helping, either."

"We're just concerned. You're the baby of the team and you've been through a lot recently." Penelope said.

"I know, but I hate not knowing what's happening when it's happening." I said. "Like this case. I wish I could be out there with them so that I can keep Spencer calm and okay."

Penelope put hand on my shoulder.

"Listen, we're all worried. Just like you, Reid has been through a lot, but he'll pull through. Once we catch Nathan and he comes back, he'll come back and everything will go back to normal." she assured me. "Especially when baby Reid is born."

I chuckled and put a hand on my stomach. I felt the baby move and I smiled.

"Only two more weeks." I reminded myself. "Let's get working on that number. If Nathan does kill again, we should be able to give Reiders a number immediately."

Penelope nodded and turned back to her computer. I sat and watched.

A day came and passed and all was silent. When I woke up the next morning, I noticed a missed call from Spencer and quickly called him.

"Hello?" he answered. He sounded half asleep.

"I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" I asked.

"Mel? No, you didn't. I haven't exactly been asleep, actually. I'm worried." he replied. "I'm sorry I didn't call you yesterday. I promised you I would check up every day-"

"Reiders, it's fine. I understand you're worried about Nathan and all. You can call when and if you can. You go get Nathan and stop him from doing what he's doing."

I heard him chuckle.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" he asked.

"I love you, too. Now, you better get some sleep. If you wanna be able to focus on this case, then you gotta sleep." I said.

"I will. I just wanna make sure Nathan's okay."

"Penelope and I are looking for a number in case anything happens." I said. "Don't worry, Reiders. You'll catch him."

"I'll call you later. This time, I promise."

I chuckled and said, "I'm holding you to that."