I'm Not Leaving

"Mel, can I talk to you?" Uncle Aaron asked me the next morning. I was in JJ's office, talking about a case I was going to talk to the team about.

"Um, yeah. Sure."

I got up and walked over to him. He turned and walked away. I already knew what this was going to be about. I rolled my eyes and followed him to his office. Once we were inside, he closed the door.

"Mel, I wanted to talk about, this." he said, gesturing to my stomach. I rolled my eyes again, not caring what if he seen.

"What about it?" I asked, my voice cold and annoyed.

"Well, I was thinking about if it would affect your job or not-"

"Uncle Aaron, it won't. I've been stalked, kidnapped, tortured, even stabbed. 9 months with another human inside me isn't going to be that hard." I said.

"That's exactly what I wanted to talk about. You've been through a lot. It seems like you're prone to trouble." he said, sitting down at his desk.

"Seriously? Do you SEE Justin around anywhere? Oh wait! He's dead! And I killed him! I'm not gonna be in trouble anymore Uncle Aaron. I know how to take care of myself."

"Mel-"

"And don't say this was all Rossi's idea because I was talking to Rossi this morning and he was 100% fine with me working while pregnant. JJ worked while she was pregnant on Henry! All that trouble with Justin is long gone, Uncle Aaron."

We looked at each other for a long time. I know I was his niece and he was just looking out for me, but I was a big girl. I was married. I didn't need to be looked out for anymore.

"I'm not leaving." I finally said. "And, knowing you'd want to talk to about this, JJ and I picked a case to talk to the team about. We were just about to call a meeting about it."

Uncle Aaron raised an eyebrow.

"YOU picked a case and didn't run it past me?" he asked.

"I ran it past Rossi, who has a higher position than you, and he said it was okay." I replied. "Not everything has to run through you Hotch."

He sighed and sat back in his chair. I knew I had won this round. I always won.

"Meet in the Conference Room in 10." I said before turning on my heel and leaving. I had reached the door when Uncle Aaron spoke.

"Does your father know?"

I stopped.

"No." I replied honestly. "After this case, I'm going to New York for a visit. I'm gonna tell him then."

Uncle Aaron nodded.

"Okay. I'll see you in the conference room in 10."

JJ and I informed the rest of the team to meet us in the Conference Room.everyone sat around the round table as I passed out the tablets, regular files to Spencer who was still old school.

"There have been three victims in Louisiana. Mark Fellows, Gregg Michaels and Cameron Williams. All were stabbed in the heart. All were found with in 9 miles of their homes in a playground." I started. I clicked the button three times. 2 pictures of each victims popped up, one if the vics before and one after.

"Same playground?" Derek asked.

"No. Different playgrounds, but they were all put in the same position. On their back with their hands over their heart."

"Remorse?" Spencer asked.

"For who? The victims or the people who will witness the body?" David said.

"There's something else about these victims. Each of them are homosexuals who just came out of the closet." I continued. "And by 'just came out' I mean they literally just came out. Mark came out two days before he was killed, Gregg one day and Cameron the day of."

"Hate crime." Alex suggested.

"Or maybe they're doing this for another reason. Maybe our UnSub had a friend or someone in their family that were killed because they were gay." JJ said.

"Whatever the reason, we need to act fast. Each killing is a week apart and Cameron was killed last Thursday." I said.

"Today's Tuesday." Spencer said. "We have two days."

Everyone looked at Uncle Aaron.

"Wheels up in 20."