Chapter 2

"Nicole, are you okay? You haven't said anything the whole lunch." My friend Jordan asked me, breaking me from my daydreaming of nothing. I looked up and put on a fake smile while taking a bite of my lunch that was not appealing to me at the moment.

"Yeah I'm great, sorry a little tired." I told her. It wasn't a lie I couldn't sleep at night, the tears were too much to handle at night. I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to forget about Aaron, but I love him so much its so hard to forget about him. I usual would fake a smile the whole day so my friends wouldn't worry, but not today. Today was different. He called last night, I wanted to pick up so badly just to hear his voice. I wanted him to say that he wanted me, make me feel like he actually cares about me. I ignored his call, but he called back three more times.

"Okay good, now back to my story.." Jordan said, but I zoned out again just for my other friends to listen to her crappy story about herself. I just wanted Aaron.

Giving up, I excused myself to the bathroom with my cellphone in hand. I needed to know, I needed to know if I was worth his time. If not, I'd carry on my life trying to pretend I'd never met him, trying the key word.

I opened the single stall handicap bathroom so when I found out the truth, no one would see me collapse.

Tears were already forming in my eyes as I put the mobile up to my ear. The ringing felt like eternity, just one after another, waiting for me to ask the most important question I'll probably ever ask. But when he answered I froze. He never answers my calls.

"Yeah?" Aaron asked like I wasn't even worth his time, which I probably wasn't.

"..H-hi it's..it's me." I managed then felt the tears forming in my eyes again.

"Okay." Already hearing my answer, I just cut to the chase.

"Listen, it's pretty evident that you don't want me in your life other than lonely nights when I'm the only one willing to come over." I started. "I won't bother you anymore, you can live your life the way you want without me." I choked. I was trying to stay strong and not break, but it was hard. "I'll break the bond." I said, and was shocked at my own words. Breaking the bond was permanate, and left you mate-less for life. I didn't care, I was human I could fall in love with another guy. But him, no female wolf would want him, and if they did once they found their mates they'd leave him. The pain it would cause him brought tears to my eyes.

His silence was killing me.

"It's an easy question, expesially for you Aaron. Do you want to break the bond?" I asked giving him attitude. Still no answer. "Jesus Christ Aaron, ANSWER THE F*CKING QUESTION!" I yelled and was shocked at how willing I was to get my heart broken into little pieces. Suddenly, I heard a growl on the other line.

"I won't let you." He basically growled. I choked. What does that even mean?

"Oh you won't let me?" I said sacasticallly, really letting my feelings out. "Oh so what happens now? You call me everynight, I come over, we f*ck, you drive me home, I cry my eyes out, come here, everyday? Do you ever even think about me, Aaron? I'm the one who is hurting, obviously you're the one fine with our relationship because you're the only one keeping it this way. But not anymore, tonight we're breaking the bond." I told him, breathlessly. I didn't want to break our bond, that was the one thing I knew we shared, but I knew deep down that this was the best.

"You can't do that." He finally said, angry filled through my veins.

"Why not?" I said then humorously laughed. "You're the one who doens't want anything to do with me anyway. I'm basically doing you a favor." I said. He scoffed.