Screwed

Stiles knew he was screwed... he'd just yelled at the captain of 4 manly sports who has abs of steel and arms that could bench press for days, not to mention all of his muscley friends that could beat him up in less than a minute. Stiles on the other hand had a weak body, he could barely do 10 push-ups, and Scott who was an asthmatic and would never hurt a fly.

When the bell rang, it was time for lunch. Stiles rushed out of class and walked to his locker. When he got there, he was about to open it when a hand slammed it closed. Stiles turned around and was instantly pinned to the wall by a very angry looking Jackson and his possy.

"You're so stupid, ya know that?" Jackson asked. "You called Derek Hale an asshole. You say you're so smart, but you're actually such an idiot, I don't even know how you know how to breathe!"

Stiles waited there listening to the rant, waiting for what he knew was coming. It was never the punches or kicks that he was scared of. It was always the last part of Jackson's rant that made him go numb.

"You know why you're mom died?" Jackson asked. Before Stiles could answer, he kept talking. "She died, not because she was sick, but because she didn't want to have to deal with the little spastic idiot. You're such a freak. You should do the whole world a favor and kill yourself." Jackson said. His friends all snickered.

Stiles felt the tears prick at his eyes while he tried to hold them back. If he cried, Jackson would just make more fun of him.

Suddenly, Jackson is getting pulled off of Stiles' locker and being punched in the face. He falls to the ground and Derek tells him to get up and fight like a man.

Stiles looks at the scene in shock. Derek Hale is protecting him? Why?

Jackson gets up and tries to punch Derek. Derek dodges and knees him in the gut. Jackson falls to the floor and doesn't get up.

Derek walks over to Stiles and asks if he's ok. Stiles doesn't respond so he takes the lighter boy to the nurse. Before he gets there though, Stiles starts to panic. He starts thrashing around and his breath gets ragged. Derek realizes he's having a panic attack and sets him down. Not knowing what to do, he just hugs Stiles and tries to think. He read somewhere that if you hold your breath then you can't hyperventilate, which means you can't have a panic attack, because your mind stops for a second because it doesn't get air.

Derek takes his chances and kisses Stiles. Stiles stops moving and stares at Derek. When Derek pulls back, Stiles is still staring at him.

"H-how'd you learn to do that?" Stiles asks.

"I read it somewhere. And yes, contrary to past belief, I do read," Derek tells him.

"Why did you kiss me?" Stiles asks.

Before Derek can respond, Scott runs up to them.

"Are you ok Stiles? Thanks Derek, I'll take it from here," Scott says, and just like that, he picks Stiles up and the pair walks away.