Meeting

Stiles woke up at 6am to finish his homework. Taking all AP classes his senior year isn't what most people would call fun. Stiles loves it though, he loves to learn and he usually knows more than the teacher anyways so he gets time to sleep. He finished everything at 7 and decided to take a shower. After the shower he got dressed, brushed his teeth, and went downstairs. His father had an all-nighter at the station last night so he was sleeping in a little. Stiles reminded himself to wake him up before he left for school. He got out bread and cereal for breakfast, and finally made coffee. This was his normal routine since his mom died. It was like going through life barely breathing, like he was wading through water and it just kept rising until finally, it would drown him.

He shook the thoughts from his head and called Scott to make sure he was up. He'd have to pick him up for school in a half an hour and Stiles really didn't want to wait. After he finished his food, he took out his phone to check his texts. He had nothing, but that was to be expected, no one but Scott was friends with him.

After packing his backpack and grabbing a lunch, he woke his dad up, telling him he was going to school. He went out to his Jeep and got in.

"C'mon baby, please work for me," he told his Jeep. She started up with a loud thunk. "I guess we'll have to take you to the shop soon," he told her.

He drove to Scott's and honked. Scott got in the Jeep and they were off.

"So," Scott started. "You going to be pining after Hale today too?"

"Don't even start with that. I don't pine over him. I just think he's... hot, like everyone else does. Doesn't mean I want him as a boyfriend or anything. Anyways, what about you? You look at Isaac with puppy dog eyes everytime you see him. You gonna finally ask him out today?" Stiles countered.

"...shut up," Scott replied, defeated.

They drove into the parking lot and were about to get a good spot when someone cut them off, thus stalling out the old Jeep.

"Goddammit," Stiles said.

The car was a sleek black camaro, everyone knew it was Derek Hale's. He was the star of the school. Football quarterback, swimming team captain, baseball captain, lacrosse co-captain, etc... Stiles has been pining over him, although he won't admit it to Scott, for the 4 years he's been at this school. That was when he realized he was bi.

Jackson got out of the passenger side and gave them a dirty look. "Don't fuck up this car! We just got it washed so if you fuck it up, you pay for it!" Jackson yelled.

"Why are you friends with him again?" Stiles asked Scott.

"I'm not really friends with him... it's more like we tolerate each other," Scott replied.

"I don't know how that hell you can "tolerate" him," Stiles mumbled.

Stiles started the Jeep again and found another spot. They walked into school together, but soon Scott ditched him for Isaac and the other lacrosse players.

Stiles shrugged it off and started walking towards his first class, AP History, when he bumped into someone and dropped the books he was carrying that wouldn't fit into his backpack.

"Sorry," Stiles mumbled, trying to pick up everything as quick as possible so he won't be stuck there forever.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to do that, are you ok?" asked a familiar voice.

Stiles stopped and looked up into the face of Derek Hale. He just stared at him in disbelief, had Derek Hale, THE DEREK HALE, just apologize to him?

Finally Stiles snapped out of it and realized that he'd dropped his glasses. Searching around, he found them by Derek's foot, and made a grab for them. Derek turned around and grabbed them before Stiles could reach them.

"Are these yours?" he asked.

"Y-yeah, thanks," Stiles replied. He grabbed the glasses and shoved them on his face. Derek was looking at him, as if he was searching for something.

Finally he said "Are you new here?"

Stiles expected worse, but he's been going to school with Derek since he was in kindergarten, so he got angry.

"I've been in your grade since kindergarten you ass!" Stiles shouted. He grabbed his stuff and rushed to class. If he ever had a chance with Derek, which he probably didn't, then he had none now. He had snapped at Derek, and called him an ass... he was dead.