Chapter two: Unsafe

The alarm Milda bought was really loud. I woke up with a horrible head ache. I tried to focus my eyes but the sunlight seeping through the picture windows made that impossible. I looked at the clock which read six-thirty am. Where was Milda?

"The queen arrives." Milda said through a megaphone.
"Speak of the devil. Milda was the megaphone necessary?" I asked with annoyance dripping from my words.
"Nehh. I just needed to out you in the mood. We are going to school! So get your lazy ass out of bed and let's get ready!"

Milda was so excited about school. Naturally she is perky to a fault.
"Milda, you do realize that we aren't going to a party yeah?"
"Spoil sport." She muttered under her breath. I felt like teasing her a little bit more so I replied,"chicken" under my breath as well.  She barely 'tsked' and walked away.

She stopped with her hand on the door knob and twirled around and said," Get ready Mia, I plan to rule the school and I DON'T expect you to stand in my way. And in school my name isn't Milda but Myla, stick to Jade. It suits you." With that she walked away.

I had a feeling Milda wasn't going to like the results if this sudden change in direction.

I had barely finished in the bathroom when Milda barged into my room. Being her domineering self, she began dishing out orders. She came with the items she got from shopping. As much as I hated to admit, Milda was beautiful with her deep hazel brown eyes and full lips. Not to mention her perfectly angled cheek bones. I on the contrary was a flawless goddess. Blue eyes ,blonde tresses,blood red plum lips and a perfectly sculpted figure. The perfect combo as many may say.

"Mia have you been listening to me?" Milda asked with an exasperated look on her face.
"No? I'm sorry start over please" I said trying to sound apologetic. She sighed and started again.
"So you are going to be wearing a red hoodie shirt and white ripped skinny jeans and I will be wearing a black crop top  with polka dot haram pants.
"Okay".

She smiled seeing that I wasn't up for an argument. I wrapped up my hair in a towel turban and put on my clothes. Milda offered to do my hair and make up while I did hers. She went for a messy bun with the lilac part of her hair dropping at the back. I decided to straighten the top part of my hair and curl the bottom. Milda sighed but did that efficiently. She sealed both looks with a suede black pair of Timberlands and Poison Apple by Dior.

While Milda fetched our bag packs, I went down stairs to prepare breakfast. When I got to the kitchen, I screamed when I saw a guy making breakfast already. I quickly grabbed a pepper spray and I was about to attack when Milda screamed.
"Mia don't! That's stupid's real appearance."
"The name's Jyles. Nice to meet you Jade." The guy said matter-of-factly.

I was stunned by his features. Needless to say he was a walking Adonis. I chuckled inwardly at my brain's comparison.
"So Jyles," I began, "What have you prepared for us today?"
"I prepared a bacon cheese burger. Enjoy Jade." He said and wiggled his eyebrows. Milda pretended to gag. Jyles and I burst into laughter at how absurd she looked.

We ate in silence. I savoured the taste of the burger and spared Jyles a glance. He seemed oddly troubled to me. I pushed it away as my usual paranoia. Milda finished quickly and did the dishes. As we were about to leave, Milda pulled out two black  Samsung Galaxy s7 and handed me one.
Jyles honked twice signaling for us to get in.

Once in the car, Milda showed me how to use it. It was a fifteen minute drive. When we got there Milda turned and said, " Our walk to stardom begins now. Make a good first impression. Understood?"
"Yes Madam Myla." I replied sarcastically.

Jyles pulled up and stepped out of the car. I was feeling jumpy so I left the car next. Milda on the other hand left last and she seemed quite comfortable. She busied herself with her phone do I followed her lead. Jyles stuck his hand in his pocket and walked with us. I couldn't help but notice the way people were looking at Milda, Jyles and I but mostly Milda. I guess she emitted the aura she hoped to.

After our triumphant entry into the school, Milda finally spoke up.

"So we are to head to the principal's office and get our schedules. And Jade, good job on your entrance." Jyles bit his bottom lip in boredom.

We practically strutted to the principal's office behind Milda who kept raking her hands through her hair. Honestly, she was a natural.

We got there and sat down while Milda talked to the secretary. She came and muttered "incompetent" so quietly that I almost didn't catch it. She sighed and I squeezed her hand for support. She gave me a small smile which was genuine.

"Myla Klarz, Jyles Vans and Jade Miller?" She asked. Her eyes placed us under an uncomfortable scrutiny.

"We sure are." Milda said as perky as ever. She seemed pretty unfazed by the woman's looks.

"You may go now" said the secretary. As we passed by, I almost didn't see it until Milda drew the pin from her hair and pressed a button. A bullet hut the secretary and she fell. I finally noticed that the secretary had a shot gun in her hand.

"Run",Jyles shouted.  I looked back and my feet started moving on their own. I grabbed the secretary's shotgun and I caught yo with Milda. We got into the car and Jyles sped off.

My eyes held a lot of questions. I looked at Milda and she simply said, "we are not safe. I don't know how she found us but," she trailed off. She sounded out of breath.
"She did." Jyles finished for her.

We stopped at the house and grabbed all our things. Jyles locked up the house.

I was confused. "Are we going to keep running every time?" I asked. I was hysterical

"Sadly yes. Mia, there is more to these people than they seem." She noticed that I was about to argue when Jyles gave me a shot.
"Whiskey,tango, foxtrot?" And that was the last thing I remembered before the darkness enveloped me.