The Dark Mysterious Room

Dahlia's P.O.V.

I was sitting quitely on the chest of drawers in the corner of a dark mysterious room. Endless of thoughts going through my mind, most of them were not even that important. The door opened and a woman about my age, maybe just a little older, walked inside. The light went out for a second when she closed the door. When she came closer I saw that she looked like she hadn't slept for a while. She sat down on a chair by the table and I think she didn't even notice me sitting here.

Just a couple of minues later two men came throught that door. One was shorter and had short brown hair and brown eyes. The other one was tall and thin and had long blonde hair and beatutiful blue eyes. The blonde one was younger and more handsome, if I might add.

The shorter man turned to the woman on the chair and said, ''Hello, I am Tommy Severide, and you must be...?'' He looked at her in a questioning mannner. ''Jamie Spencer,'' she said and they shook hands. Then she shook the blonde mans hand and he said, '' Damien Palmer.'' Then Tommy looked around before speaking again, ''So, wasn't there supposed to be a fourth person here?''

Silence filled the room and after a few moments I finally decided to speak. ''Um... I'm Dahlia, '' I said quitely, but made sure that they could still hear me. In a blink of an eye all of them were looking at me. I got up and shook all of their hands while they introduced themselves, again. Minutes passed and out of the blue all of our phones, yes I said all, beeped suggesting that we got a text. I took out my phone and so did the others.

Now you've met your new team! Go have fun and get to know each other a little bit.

We all share awkward looks and then I break the silence by saying, ''Hey... I know this place called Pablo's Pub...'' And then all of the attention was on me again. ''Great booze, we could go there....'' I spoke again, but this time I was a little more confident.

''Sure, why not? Let's go there,'' Tommy said, while scratching the back of his head. ''Sure,'' Jamie said, sounding way less tired than before. ''Okay then,'' Damien muttered under his breath. I gave them the directions and they drove off. Tommy in his car, Jamie in her car and Damien on his motorcycle. I however rode my bicycle.

When I arrived they were already there, which was quite obvious because they drove, while I didn't. They were sitting at a table in the corner of the pub. ''Hey babe,'' Pablo, the owner and the bartender, greeted and blinked me. ''Hey...'' I said dully, still pissed that everybody else was driving. ''The usual and put it on the tab?'' Pablo asked, sensing that I wasn't in a good mood. I nodded and he poured me a drink. I mouthed him a thanks and took my drink.

I walked over to them and sat down. I looked at Damien. ''Nice ride,'' I said and then took a zip of my drink. ''Thanks,'' was all Damien said, but his eyes looked like they wanted to say a lot more. His beautiful blue eyes and that hair... What am I thinking?! I am going to work with this man, I can not be fantasizing about him. But those eyes are to kill for.

''So... I think we should go round the table and tell something about ourselves,'' Tommy said all of a sudden. ''Get to know each other a little,'' he continued. Okay's were all managed to say before he started talking again.

''I am 30 years old. I grew up in Roswell, Texas and moved to New York when I was 12 and moved here when I was 21. I am married, for almost seven years now. I used to work as a electician when I was younger, but I have been a cop for almost nine years now,'' Tommy said and looked over at Jamie, suggesting that she should go next.

''Okay. I am 23 years old. I grew up here in L.A. I am currently single. I used to work as a waitress and have been a cop for nearly three years now,'' Jamie said and looked at Damien, almost like she wanted to be saved from this awful getting to know each other thing.

''Me?'' Damien asked, Tommy nodded and so did Jamie. ''Um... I'm 25 years old. I grew up in South L.A. I used to work as a mechanic in an auto repair shop. I've been a cop for a little over four and a half years. And I am single in the moment,'' Damien said and his beautiful eyes looked at me.

''Oh. I am 22 yers old. I grew up in Reno in Nevada. I moved here when I was 17. I used to work at a library. I've been in the law enforcement for around two years and eight months. And I am single,'' I said and finished my drink quikly, I am clearly not drunk enough for this. Pablo came and gave us another round, my drink was a double. I swear sometimes it's like he reads my mind.

The conversation had gotten pretty awkward after we told our stories. So I did the only thing I could think of, I gulped down my double rum and asked for a round of shots for us all. Tommy and Jamie wanted to protest, but I told them to suck it up. However Damien's eyes widened when I downed that drink and said those things, and he looked at me in an awe.

Pablo brought us the round of shots. And we all took them at the same time. I finished first, then Damien, next Jamie and finally Tommy. We all laughed and started some small talk. After a few hours of small talk and bonding Tommy stood up and said, ''I think it's time that we all go home and get some sleep'' Then he took up his phone and called his wife, muttering something about not wanting to leave his car in this neighborhood.

Jamie also got up and stumbled her way to the door, while calling a friend to come pick her up. That left me alone with Damien. He wasn't sure wheather to stand up or stay with me. We looked into each others eyes for a few moments and even smiled a little bit. Then he gave me a rather confused glance and took out his phone. After staring at the phone for quite some time, he put it back and was now staring at the door. Finally Damien got up and I did the same. We walked to the door and I muttered a goodbye to Pablo. When we got outside both Tommy and Jamie were long gone.

I turned around and looked at the place where I had parked my bicycle, but it wasn't there. It was probably stolen and now I would have to walk home. ''My bicycle,'' was all I managed to whisper to myself. Damien, who was looking at me saw that somethig was wrong and came towards me. ''Everything alright?'' he asked and his blue eyes flashed with concern for a millisecond.

''No! My bicycle was stolen and now...'' I was in the middle of expaining everything when he said, ''I can give you a ride home if you want.'' My reaction could be described in one word and that word was shocked. Damien got on his motorcycle and then he looked back at me. ''Or are you maybe afraid of motorcycles?'' he asked and I got slightly offended. ''No, of course not,'' I said quikly, to avoid any misunderstandings. ''Okay, then hop on,'' he said with a teasing tone in his voice, not that I know why maybe he saw that I got offended. I got on the motorcycle behind him and wrapped my arms around him, just to hold on not anything else.

He started the engine and we drove off into the night. I could feel his abs while I was holding onto him and it felt like heaven, a.k.a. rock hard abs. He was definitely very fit, duh he's a cop and therefore he has to be. But still, I'd like to think of him as very fit man. He finally stopped infront of my apartment complex, after getting lost a few times when I misguided him or made him take a wrong turn. I got off the motorcycle and I let myself to look at his beautiful features.

''Thanks for the ride,'' I said and smiled innocently. ''No problem,'' he answered and smiled back at me. Then he rode away from me, reved his engine and his motorcycled rorared through the streets...