Chapter 3

(A/N) there is going to some offensive terms used in this chapter. I do not prompt using words like these. Just a heads up!

Kenma's POV

I'd never felt like that before. Like someone cared. But I couldn't get enough. I needed more. I felt happy a lot instead of sad. I wanted everything to stay like this. His calming voice constantly in my head. The way he held me so tightly when I needed it the most. He cared. And I am so grateful.

We had been talking everyday for the past month. We hung out every chance we could. Ever since that night, things changed between us. I was more open about my life and Kuroo listened to every single detail. When we weren't talking we usually played video games. He understood that I didn't like the public so we were always at my house.
"Don't your parents wonder where you are all the time?" I asked him.
"No, they trust me so they don't ask."
I nodded. We were lying on my bed, my head was resting on Kuroo's stomach. He was playing with my hair. We had been like this for a while.

"We should go back there," Kuroo said.
"Where?"
"To the café."
I thought about it for a moment. "Okay."
We got out of our comfortable spots and went out. We decided to walk there.

It was quiet for the most part but it was a nice quiet. Occasionally our hands would brush each other, but we didn't complain.
"What's your honest thoughts about me?" He randomly asked. I stopped and stood there confused. "What?"
"What do you think about me? Honestly."
I never really thought to hard about it. Kuroo was the only person I had in my life. He was all I ever wanted as a child.
"You're the greatest person I've ever known and I'm happy that you put up with me."
He stood there for a moment and then smiled at me. "I'm glad."
"So what about you?" I asked him. "What do you think about me?"
"Well I think you are-" he was cut off by someone yelling.

"Guys look! It's that shit Kenma! Hey, he's got someone with him,"
"He's only with him because he pities him."
"Kenma! We're bored, mind helping us out?"
Kuroo looked furious. I was about to cry. "Let's just go," I told him.
"Hey! Leave him alone. Get your head out of your ass. Kenma is way better then any of you. He doesn't deserve idiots like you. Stay away from him." He looked really scary. I'd never seen him like this. But he was protecting me.
"What is he your boyfriend or something?" They started laughing. "Kenma's a fag? That explains a lot." At this point Kuroo lost it. He ran across the street and started hitting them.
"DONT YOU EVER TALK TO KENMA LIKE THAT! YOU DONT KNOW HIM! LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Half of them ran of terrified. The others were getting punched by Kuroo.
"Kuroo stop!" I didn't know that I ran over there. I was hugging him from the back trying to pull him away. He wouldn't listen. "Kuroo!" I yelled at him.

He stopped. He turned to look at me. He looked like he was sorry for what he just did. The other guys ran off with their friends.
"I'm sorry Kenma, I couldn't let them do that to you. You don't deserve that."
I stood there in disbelief.
He stood up looking me in the eyes. "I think you are an amazing person who doesn't deserve to be treated so badly. I wish I could have met you sooner so I could have helped you more. Kenma, I really do care about you."
I didn't realize I was crying until I felt his hand wipe away my tears.

We decided to just head home because I was a mess and didn't want to be in public anymore. I was lying on my bed while Kuroo was making some tea. It felt cold by myself. I wanted Kuroo next to me. I wanted to be with him every second.
He quietly knocked the door to let me know he was here. I sighed in relief. He set the cups down on my night stand.
"Come here," I said patting the vacant spot next to me. He nodded and climbed next to me. I grabbed his arms so they wrapped around me and turned my body so I was facing him. Our faces were about 1 cm apart. Kuroo started smiling. "You look 10 times more beautiful up close." My whole face went red. I mumbled a "stop," but he just chuckled. "Don't hide you beauty." I smiled up at him. "You look beautiful too."

________________________________

BEFORE YOU YELL AT ME, this chapter is short for a reason. I didn't want to include this next part in this chapter because reasonssssss. Thank you to everyone reading my book so far! I really appreciate it.
( shout out to my sinful children😂 you know who you are )