Moving On

3 years later.....

Toni POV:
It's been three whole years since Kenny and I got divorced, he's currently engaged to Nicole and I'm single as ever. We're still friends though but we don't talk a lot. I didn't think Kenny would move on as fast as he did but this whole divorce thing between us has made me so depressed that I think I want to retire from music. I haven't been out the house much I only leave to take the boys to school, get groceries, and fly to Atlanta to check up on mommy. My family knows about the divorce between Kenny and I. Towanda gave me her advice and basically said everything was my fault and I should find out a way to fix things before it's too late. But Kenny's engaged so I think I'm already too late. These past three years have been the worst of my life, I cry everyday and I've become antisocial. I don't even know why I cheated on Kenny with that piece of shit honestly, it just happened. Today Tamar is coming over to talk to me.

Tamar: *uses her key and unlocks the door* TONI MICHELLE BRAXTON

Toni: *semi yelling* I'm in my room
Tamar and could you stop yelling

Tamar: *yelling and opening up the blinds* GET UP TONI ITS BEEN THREE YEARS

Toni: well maybe if you were going through a divorce you would understand my pain.

Tamar: *sighs* well just talk to me we can stay in here

Toni: I don't think I want to do music anymore Monster

Tamar: why not? You Toni Braxton bitch!

Toni: my heart isn't in it anymore.

Tamar: well why?

Toni: the divorce has sadden me a lot and so has Kenny's engagement to Nicole. My flare ups have been getting worst and I'm by myself. When I used to have my flare ups Kenny was here to lay with me, hug me, run me a hot bath, give me a massage, and kiss me then everything would get better. Now I'm alone and they just get worst because I'm always sad and crying.

Tamar: *sad* Toni I don't want you to retire and I don't like to see you sad or in pain

Toni: *crying* Tamar I don't know why I cheated! Birdman meant nothing to me, it just happened. He wasn't even good in bed! He was just always said what I wanted Kenny to say to me whenever me and Kenny were in a bad place. Now I lost the love of my life. The only man I've loved for over twenty years! My heart feels like it's been ripped out and shattered into a million pieces! Now he's engaged and moving on with his life, without me! Tamar I'm never gonna find love again! I don't know what I did!

Tamar: *hugging Toni and crying too* oh Toni don't cry, everything is going to get better I promise!

Toni: *wiping her tears* thanks Tamar

Tamar: anytime sis *hugging her*

Toni: what are you doing this week, because I know *sounding like Tamar* she's booked!

Tamar: *laughs* well nothing much this week, I have a photoshoot to do and then work on a couple songs for my new album. Oh and then I have LA's Pre Grammy party to go to.

Toni: he invited me to go

Tamar: you should go. You'll have fun with all your friends like Janet, Monica, Mary J. Blidge, and all of them. Then you can be reminded about why you shouldn't retire.

Toni: I don't think I'll retire, that was just a phase that you actually helped me get out of and I won't speak of it again.

Tamar: promise?

Toni: promise

Tamar: *holds pinky out*

Toni: *links pinkys with her*