Why Did You Have To Go?

"So, this is how it ends? We fight, one dies, and the other moves on just like that?" Papyrus' head was down, a blue jacket tied around his waist. He was illuminated in the golden shaft of light that flushed through the stained glass windows.

"Is that what you did to Sans? Killed him and moved on?" He looked up, his usual glowing features dull and empty. He smiled faintly, as memories of his pun loving brother filled his mind.

"He was always so lazy.. Makes since that he would die at the end of your knife just like that.. I just wish he could have given you more of a fight." He sighed, an exhale of breath so heavy with sorrow and pain that you would have felt bad. Would have.

"Well, human, if I can still call you that.. Prepare to face the great Papyrus!" He seemed to brighten at that, pulling his shoulders up and making a battle stance in your direction.

He summoned bones and began to attack, though they were easy to dodge, and did not do much damage. He seemed to be holding back.

"You know, I don't think your all that bad." He spoke through attacks, narrowing his eyes and studying you as you dodged his bones, moving around them easily and advancing. Lunging forward, you felt your arm swipe in Papyrus' direction, aiming to cut across his chest, but only slicing through the air where he had been standing. 

He scoffed, and shrugged his shoulders, similar to the way Sans often did.

"Did you really think I would just stand there? Like Sans, I presume.." He shook his skull slowly and wiped another bone attack at you, catching your rib cage and throwing you back painfully. As you regained your balance, you felt your body suddenly drag towards the floor, making it an effort to stand.

A quick glance to your chest indicated that your soul was now a deep shade of blue, explained the sudden increase of weight. Papyrus' gloved Han was outstretched and held in your direction, his eyes searching you emptily.

"I think, if you really wanted to be, you could be good." He said in a shallow tone, as if thinking aloud. You tried to step towards him, resulting in your body bein helplessly flung backwards.

You grimaced as you slid across the floor, picking  yourself up carefully, wincing in pain. Papyrus looked apologetic, starting to step forward as if to help you, but pulling back as he remembered why he was here.

"I-I believe you could be good.." He muttered, his grin fading, his head bowed in distress.  You lunge forward quickly, slashing at him, but again missing.

He looked up to say something, when a flash of orange in his right eye socket caught him off gaurd.

"No!" He called and watched helplessly as the so called Gaster Blasters fired from all directions at you, soon major damage to your hp, but vanishing a moment later.

Another flying bone attack, and you were once again facing the tall skeleton, who had a renewed smile on his face and hopeful eyes.

"I believe in you, human. I think you can change, and we can fix it all." He whispered the last bit, thinking of his friends. You lowered your head and charged once more, trying to side swipe, and failing.

You were a bit surprised to see the next attack was made of bones, spelling out Sans' and Papyrus' names. It scrawled in front of you, reading "Sans and Papyrus, best brothers ever, and ever-" till it crumpled at the end.

"Ever and ever.." He stopped, his body rigid beneath his armor, before he suddenly collapsed onto his knees, the jacket tied around his waist fluttering around him.

Papyrus covered his face with his gloves and began to sob, his shoulders shaking, racking his frame with the effort. He slumped forward, and was barely aware of your presence. You watched silently as the skeleton battled with his emotions.

"Oh, Sans. Why did you have to leave me here.. You were all I had.." He lapsed into silence, his breath hitching as he cried, holding his damp face in his hands.

He barely even reacted as the blade of your knife tackle across his front, instantly rendering his body useless as it faded to dust. His skull clattered against the cold tiles, his face slacked with grief.

"I failed you, Sans.." His features were caked in dust, his tears creating small paths down his cheeks, welling up in his eye sockets. They dripped onto the floor and splattered into the pile of dust that were the remains of his body.

"What? G-Grillbyz? You know I hate that place!" Papyrus frowned, but sighed, his face softening as his head slowly faded to dust as well.

"Okay, fine.. I'll see you.. There.." As the words slipped through his mouth, he ceased to be, leaving you alone in the Judgement Hall.

Meh. Kinda boring. As you may be able to tell, that was my little take on Disbelief Papyrus, practically directly based off his little fight. If you haven't seen it, check it out! It's pretty damn good, but makes me cry every time. So BEWARE.