chapter 2

Remus, miserable, entered the common room behind James and Peter.

"Why don't ya go visit Sirius in the dorm?" James suggested. "And by the way, didn't you ask Trelawney what Padfoot got on the test?"

Remus felt the tears come. "I-i don't want to talk about it.". And with that, Remus ran off as fast as he could to the dorm.

Sirius was in bed, with about a thousand tissues surrounding him. He perked up when he saw Remus's figure enter the room.

But the smiling, boyish expression fell off his face when he saw the Remus was crying.

"Aww, Remy,what happened, man?" Sirius asked, sitting up.

Remus swiped at his tears and turned away from Sirius. It was truly ridiculous.

Why am I upset that he did better than me on one test? Remus tried to tell himself. He studied, and got a good grade. What's wrong with that?

But that didn't help at all. Remus tried to choke back the wave of fresh tears.

Sirius is smarter than me. So what? Remus thought. He's my friend! I should be happy for him! It's not like he's gonna rub it in it anything!

Remus felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned his tear-stained face to find Sirius staring back at him.

"Remus, you can tell me," Sirius murmured in his ear. "I don't like it when you're upset about stuff, Moons."

Remus sniffled. "You'll be mad at me," Remus whispered through tears.

"I promise I won't be mad at you," Sirius replied.

After a long moment of silence, Remus finally responded. "I failed the divination test," Remus said in the smallest voice.

Sirius wrapped Remus into a hug. "I'm so sorry, man," he whispered. "I know how much this hurts you. You try harder than all of us combined. You deserve a passing grade, you know that. Trelawney is just an unfair little- you know what? I'll go talk to her! I saw you study! I know how hard you try! I'm gonna go and-"

"Don't do that," Remus cut him off.

"-I'll make her give you the grade you deserve- wait, what? Why not?" Sirius asked. "If you failed, the everyone did. She's gotta curve it!"

"Not everyone failed," Remus whispered.

"What?! Who passed then?" Sirius asked.

Remus stayed quiet.

"Remus?"

"You did."

Sirius blinked. "I what?"

"You passed the test."

Sirius shook his head in denial. "No, that's not possible! I always fail!"

"Then how did you get an Excellent on it?"

"I got an Excellent?!" Sirius gaped. "Okay, she totally mixed up our tests!" (At first, I accidentally typed she totally mixed up our testes. Oops)

"No she didn't. She handed them back," Remus said.

"Well, I will go tell her I cheated! Then she will curve it, cause I won't have a passing grade!" Sirius declared, starting to walk to the door.

Remus's arms shot out and wrapped themselves around Sirius's waist, trying to restrain him. This not only held him back, but surprised him as well.

"-Remus." Sirius placed his own hands upon Remus's, feeling their warmth.

"Don't go," Remus whispered. "You deserve your grade."

Sirius turned around and grinned. "You know I care more about you than myself, Remus," he said.

Remus rolled his eyes, secretly very pleased with this comment.

"Padfoot, I will forgive myself for the bad grade. I won't forgive myself for letting you lie to Trelawney just to get me a grade I didn't earn," Remus told Sirius. "So, please. I'll just forget about it. Don't go."

Sirius smiled kindly. "Alright, Reemy."