Chapter 1

"Kay, wake up!! Wake up!! Kayla Grace Richards, we're gonna be late!"

I yawned and snuggled under my soft, velvet purple coloured comforter. It was Monday morning and I'm not getting up so early. I was busy enjoying my beautiful sleep when a sudden cold rush of water was poured onto me. I woke up and I stared at Rach. She was standing there with a bucket on one hand and putting her hand on her hips on the other. She had a smirk on her face.

"Are you happy now?" I exclaimed putting my hands up in the air looking at her.

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a drama queen but I don't like to show it.

"More like angry! We are going to be late for work. You know how Ms Ronald hates latecomers. Did you forget how hard it is to find you a job? Kay, if you want to have a job then you will have to change that behaviour of yours. Everyone dislike you, you know that right?" Rach nagged.

I scoffed when she says that. Well, I have to admit that everyone in my neighbourhood hates me. But who in the hell cares?

"Fine, Grandmother. I promise to be on my best behaviour." I joked as I pulled of the comforter off me and went straight into the showers.

After showering, I dried my red auburn hair and open up my closet. Grabbing a white tube top with sequins on the hemline, I matched it with a pair of long faded black jeans. Grabbing my black leather jacket, I opened up my drawer. I glanced through everything when my eyes stop on this peculiar necklace. I took it out. The word 'Kayla' was formed. Hurtful memories came flashing back in. I shook them away immediately.

"Why the hell do I still kept that thing?" I thought to myself while immediately tossing it away into the bin.

Deciding to go with a skull ring, I tied my red hair into a messy bun and sprayed my hair.

"Ten more minutes Kay!" Rach hollered across the living room.

Satisfied with my look, I grabbed a pair of black Dr. Martins off the shelf and quickly ran down the stairs. I stared at Rach. She was happily eating Reese Puffs on the sofa while changing the channels on the tv. Snatching the remote control away from her, I raised my left eyebrow at her.

"Whap? Irm humphrey!" She exclaimed with her mouth full.

So basically, the words are all muffled.

"So that's where our cereal have gone for the past few days," I said while poking her stomach.

Smiling, we both went out to the backyard where all my family members are. Grilling. Yup, we eat a lot of food. But somehow, we never gain weight. So I'm really happy with my life. You could already see smoke the moment we step out.

"Oh honey, there you are. Eat some breakfast before you go. Your favourite," my mom said while pushing a plate of cheesy bacon with blueberry pancakes to me.

Elated, I grabbed a fork and licked my lip before enjoying my breakfast. I moaned in satisfaction as the cheese melted in my mouth. I looked to find where Rach was. I was not surprise to find Rach grabbing a plate herself and stacking it with blueberry pancakes and cheesy bacon. Among the three of us, Rach is a BIG eater. I swear she can eat an elephant whole.

"Oh yeah, Mom. I need money for my new wheels," I said while twirling my fork on the melted cheese.

"Are you getting a car?" Mom said as her eyes shot up big.

"Nope, I meant new wheels for my Justin," I said while popping the 'p'.

Just so you know, Justin is my skateboard. The name is just too cute. Well, I'm a belieber so that's not a problem.

My mom smacked the back of my hand.

"What the heck, Mom? Ow!?" I cursed looking at my mother.

"No cursing in the Richards household Kayla," Dad warned.

"Kayla, you better be like a proper girl. Most girls your age would already be driving a car right now,"

Mom lectured.

"Maybe I'm not like most girls. Okay, even Rach or Liz do not drive cars. Generation change, Mom," I said.

I felt a sharp pain on my thigh and turned to Rach. She gave me the Why-am-I-included-in-this look.

"Just so you know, I'm not giving you any money for Juice-ty or whatever. You know how embarrassing it is when your book club members talked about you three the only girls participating in a skateboarding competition?" She said ending it with a sigh.

I knew this conversation was getting nowhere so I just stood up and pulled Rach from devouring the pancakes.

"Btw Mom, the name's Justin and maybe you should tell them all the trophies and money I get. And about the money I asked, you know what just forget it," I said looking at her then scooped Justin up without a goodbye.

As I walked away, I could hear Mom calling my name in frustration while Dad calming trying to calm her down.

No cursing in the Richards household, but rudeness is greatly appreciated.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey readers so yeah my first chapter done!!!! So far, how is it? Greatly appreciate if you guys would spread this book around. And don't forget to COTE