Chapter 14

Though Brayden is my knight in shining armor, and yada yada, I was pretty irritated with him right now. Here Makara, Karlaxx, and I were about to tell Stella she was my mom, and he comes in ruining the moment. If looks could kill, he'd be dead with the looks I shot him.

            "So..." he said awkwardly, mid-stride, realizing his intrusion. "Have you guys met?" I was pretty sure he meant Stella and I.

            "Actually no, we were just about to explain everything when you walked in." I told him grumpily. Why was I being like this? I didn't usually get so uptight, and rude. Maybe it was because I was just about to tell my mom who I was? No, there was no excuse. "I'm sorry I don't know what just came over me," I apologized to them all.

            "Apology excepted," Stella nodded at me, then continued. "Now Brayden, I do enjoy your presence, but Makara and Karlaxx did seem to have a pressing matter they needed to tell me about." Stella told Brayden. Spoken like a true queen, I thought.

            "Yes your highness," he said, as he shrugged out of the room, obviously glad to have a reason to leave what he had accidentally walked in on.

            "Now what is it you wanted to tell me?" Queen Emberdorn said turning her attention back to us the minute Brayden closed the door behind him.

            "Well I-I um," how was I supposed to be a princess when I couldn't even tell my own mother I was her daughter?

            "I don't know how to say this without being subtle," Makara explained, covering for me. Thank the heavens for her, I praised silently.

            "I'm sure tomorrow would be a better day for this then?" Stella asked, still wanting to mourn alone.

            "No! It has to be today," Makara said hurriedly. I didn't understand. Yes, I wanted my mom to know, but was it such a big deal to leave her be for the day, and tell her tomorrow.

            Karlaxx started speaking urgently deciding he couldn't wait for all the sincerity's and formalities. "Rosaleena is your daughter, Stella. She didn't really die or get captured, she has been living in the human world for the past 17 years. Just like you she is a Naiad. Today is her 18th birthday. Her changes will begin any minute now. Please, you have to believe us. I know it's a lot to take in, but I promise you it's true."

            I watched as a mixture of emotions washed over my mother's face. I hoped she would soon understand, and come to terms with it. Then may- wait... I'm a what? What changes?

            Right then, as if on cue, a wave of nausea hit me, and my head began pulsing. I stumbled back a few steps, and I felt a pain ignite in my chest. It felt like a volcano had gone off inside of me, and was threatening to spill out into my veins. I screamed at the immense pain, and I heard doors thrown open. I felt my body go rigid, and I fell back into Brayden's awaiting hands. He must have been the one that charged through the doors at my scream. These were my last thoughts before the pain became unbearable, and I blacked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I need to explain a couple of things.

1) The reason that I spelled Rose's name Rosalina at the beginning is because that is how Brayden had spelt it on the card he left with her, I guess he liked that spelling better. I tried to explain the new spelling a bit what with Rose's mom wanting Rose, and her dad wanting Leena. Sorry, I hadn't planned on this, it just kind of happened.

2) My version of a Naiad is kind of like a mermaid, but they spend more of their time on land, and they aren't so intent on killing men. They are still water spirits, and get tails and scales when they go in water.

I think that's it. If there is anything you don't understand just comment and I will try to explain it. Again, sorry for the short chapters, I guess I just had so much information to get out. Thanks for reading!!!!