Good Day > Luke Shaw

He was late. Very late.

Luke tapped his foot impatiently on the sidewalk, waiting for the red man to turn into a green flashing one. He glanced at his watch anxiously for the umpteenth time since he left training. But it was of little help in calming his nerves.

When coach had decided to extend training by an hour, it was only then Luke told himself never to plan dates immediately after training. Now he was tremendously late, and cursing and swearing under his breath didn't do him any good either.

It was Juan who had set him up on with this girl. Juan had told him she was a lovely girl; smart and charming. Luke had been looking forward to the date for days. Yet he was about to give the worst first impression by being half an hour late. And so, he silently prayed she was also an awfully compassionate girl.

After what felt like forever, the lights finally turned green. He brisk-walked across the road, making a beeline for the café. Just as he was about to enter the café, a loud yell caught his attention. He stopped at the door, and his eyes darted around as they searched for the source.

Not too far away was a girl, and in front of her lay a bag of groceries with its contents scattered everywhere. "No," she whined, dismay evident on her pretty face. She hastily knelt on the ground, reaching out for her items one by one.

Luke observed her for a while, contemplating on whether or not he should help her. Eventually, he found himself running up to her. "Here, let me help you," he said, grabbing an orange off the ground. The girl looked up at him, a small smile forming on her lips, "oh thank you so much."

"It's no problem," he smiled, handing her the remainder of the items on the ground. He watched as she stuffed everything into the bag. Most of it was already smashed or half empty. "Are you going to be going back?" He asked before he could stop himself.

She ran a hand through her ebony brown hair, chuckling, "I think so."

Luke laughed, "you be careful, then."

The girl smiled again, a little wider this time. And Luke thought she had an exceptionally beautiful smile. "I will," she said. "Thank you again, for your help."

With that, she gave him a tiny wave and rushed away. As he watched her scurry away, he couldn't wipe the smirk off his face. Charming, he thought.

Suddenly, he remembered that a certain someone was awaiting his arrival at the café. He mentally cursed himself for forgetting before dashing straight for the café.

~

A small sigh escaped Luke's lips. He stood outside the café, arms crossed over his torso as heavy rain fell to the earth. All around him, people were squeezing into tiny umbrellas, scuttling across the roads like confused mice.

He sighed again. First, his date had ditched him because he had been more than half an hour late. Now, it was raining cats and dogs and he was practically stuck. He dug into his pocket for his phone, hoping to call Juan to ask him for a ride home.

But as soon as he fished it out, it died right that second. "No," he groaned in frustration. That was his last solid way of getting home dry. Now, he was really stuck.

"Need a hand?" A familiar voice sounded from behind him. He spun around, and was greeted by the girl from before, smiling sweetly at him. She had a fresh bag of groceries in one hand and a large umbrella in the other.

"I do, actually," he rubbed the back of his neck, a nervous smile on his face. She laughed noticing how embarrassed he seemed. "Hey," she nudged him, "it's no problem."

She gave him a wink as she repeated his words from previously. He chuckled, "you're not afraid that I might be a serial killer or something?"

"Well, you did bother to help me pick up squashed fruits and half empty cartons of milk," she quipped. The girl gestured at her umbrella, "least I could do to repay you."

Luke found himself smiling again. "Okay, then," he said, squeezing himself under the umbrella beside her. As the both of them raced through the wet street, giggling like girls, Luke decided that maybe it wasn't such a bad day after all.

--------

Here's one of the adorable Luke Shaw for you guys! ♡ as requested by @StellaHarding ☺ hope you guys liked itttttt thank you for reading!! :)