"Designation!" he snapped

"TK421" the stormtrooper replied without thought with the tone of voice used.

"You have one duty on this mission, keep Sam alive. You complete this and I'll see you promoted. Fail and I will personally make your entire body fit in you helmet. Understood?" Luk finished by glaring at the trooper.

"Yes sir"

"Good, Sam you've got to not get into trouble play it safe or I'll put you inside his helmet. Understood?" Luk glared at Sam.

"Yes sir" he responded in a quavering voice.

Luk closed his eyes, and leaned back again. He hated using his size and voice to get what he wanted done. He'd fought against the instant reactions of people all his life, he'd have to talk to Sam after the mission. Sam was safer now than previously, the stormtrooper won't risk either Luk's wrath or his superiors for losing a researcher.

They were getting closer to Kessel most of the last leg was in silence. The landing alert came on and Sam put his rebreather over his face.

"I wouldn't put it on till we land. Still have a few minutes left, without being certain how long we'll be best to save what you can."  Luk spoke calmly.

The mask dropped back down and Sam smiled although his leg was twitching.

The deck reverberated as the landing gear was engaged, then sudden and abrupt jolt told then that they had landed.

"TK421,  stay with Sam, you three directly behind me. Blasters on stun until I say otherwise. All confirm you have the backup projectile pistols." there was a resounding agreement from the stormtroopers "Sam keep your pistol in your holster." Luk picked up a net caster and slung it over his shoulder, grabbed his rifle, cocked it and flicked the safety on.

The boarding hatch descended and they walked down the ramp, Luk and the stormtroopers with the unflinching bearing of the military, Sam however, looked more like a lost child.

They were greeted by a dishevelled imperial officer, the uniform wasn't pressed and dirty, the boots scuffed. The officers hair had no known direction of choice and the eyes had a haunted expression.

"Which one of you is Luck?" he said looking at with a look of mixed disgust and pity.

"I'm Luk." as he spoke the officers head snapped up and eyes widened.

"I have been told to give you and your team unrestricted access. I have been told not to ask any questions. But I wish to ask one if I may?" his was calm, measured and precise unlike his appearance.

"You can ask one." Luk was amused, he was almost scared of him.

"Are you a hand?" he asked in almost a whisper.

"Take a good look and answer that yourself" Luk replied with a wry smile and indicated for them to move out. He adjusted his own rebreather and checked that Sam had his on. He had no idea what a 'hand' was, but with that level of revenance it couldn't be bad to let him think he was one.

He looked out at the atmospheric generator, it was a huge structure pumping gases out to make breathing easier. It was old and it was losing the fight. The rest of the buildings were dirt covered and utilitarian boxes. Nothing individual about any of them, Luk almost felt at home it was like a barracks he was used to at home all built the same all set up the same. The landscape was barren lumps of more solid rock had stood up against the winds caused by the constant winds of the atmospheric generator. They were nearly at the entrance of the money when he saw it, ruins, not much but a few low walls definitely not of the imperial construction.