Chapter 4- First Impressions

Start from the beginning

"Why did you say my name? You can't just go around saying our names like that," August said angrily.

"Something came up and he had to handle something else," Denzel said, completely ignoring August.

"Did one of you call him earlier and make him mad?" I asked, remembering the phone call that caused King to leave.

"Yeah that was my boy. He told him some bad news and King started yelling," Denzel said.

Now I believed him. He had to personally know King if he knew that he started yelling when he was on the phone. I walked to get the money of the coffee table and I heard Denzel say,"You don't look like someone who does drugs".

I walked back, handed him the money, and said, " I don't do drugs. My mom is the one who owes King money".

Denzel counted the money, gave me a small smile then turned to leave. He walked a few steps then turned and said, "You seem like a chill person. Maybe I'll see you around some time...".

"Keyanna, and maybe you will," I said as I returned the smile. He turned and left and I closed my door. I walked back over and sat on the couch. My movements caused Kimberly to wake up. She came and sat in my lap. She quietly laid back and began to watch cartoons on the tv. I began to think about Denzel and August. Denzel was kinda cute, but August was so cute. Even though he had a horrible attitude, there was still something special about him. I had a feeling that this wouldn't be the last time I saw August and Denzel.

************************************************

August POV

"Aug, you didn't have to be that rude to Keyanna. What was up with you?" Denzel asked as we got back in my truck.

"I don't know. I guess I was just tired of dealing with people today," I said. The truth was, something just didn't feel right about the man Denzel shot earlier. I was a little on edge and I guess I just let my frustration out on her. I honestly didn't mean to come off as rude. I made a mental note to apologize if I ever saw her again.

"She seem like a cool girl and she cute too. I could see her chillin' with us, well me, cause i'm sure she don't like you," Denzel said.

I can't lie, Keyanna is gorgeous. I could see myself hangin' with her, if she ever forgave me,but I didn't just fall in love with her. She was just another girl doin' the same thing as me, tryin' to make it.

"Yeah you right, but I wasn't that mean to her," I said, trying to make the situation better than it sounded.

"Nigga you yelled at her and called her nosey. That's just straight disrespectful right there. Oh and I can say our names whenever I want," Denzel said while looking down this phone.

"Whatever man," I said, deciding to drop the subject. Denzel could argue for hours. I always thought he would be some type of lawyer, not a dealer, but I guess that's just the way it is. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do.

***********

About 30 minutes later, we pulled up to the trap. We walked in and saw that Mel and Rodney were still gone.

"You think everything's okay?" Denzel asked me after he put all the money in a safe Mel kept at the back.

"I'm sure it is. Mel's good a solving problems. I'm sure he has everything under control," I said, hoping that I was right.

"Aye let's play 2k. Double or nothing from the other bet money," Denzel said while walking over to the xbox.

"Ok, be prepared to pay, because you can't beat me at this," I said picking up a controller.

*************

Denzel and I had just finished the game when Mel and Rodney walked in. I had beat Denzel so now he owed me 4 grand.

"What happened?" I asked as soon as they stepped foot in the house.

"He called me while we were downtown. He said they had told him to tell who he worked for and he could be let out tonight. He told me he didn't tell anything. He has to talk to a judge tomorrow. We won't know anything before then," Mel said.

I let out a sigh of relief. I would sleep easy tonight knowing that Marcus didn't rat us out. This proved that he was good to have on our team. The only downside to this situation is that he may be facing time. That was something he didn't deserve.

"Mel I really am sorry," Rodney said, apologizing again.

"Don't sweat it Rod, we all make mistakes sometimes. Y'all go home for the rest of the day. I canceled the meeting tonight. We need to lay low for a few days," Mel said.

We all dapped each other up and walked out to our cars.

"Aug, I'm going to leave my car here and ride with you," Mel said. We stayed together so we might as well take one car. The only reason we took two today was because Mel left before I did.

"Did y'all have any problems with anyone today?' Mel asked as we got in my truck.

"The man at the first place you sent us went crazy and pulled a gun on me so Denzel killed him, but everyone else was ok," I said as I drove home.

"I didn't know he would do something like that. I would've never sent you two. What about that girl Keyanna?" Mel asked.

"She didn't want to give us the money at first because she didn't believe you actually sent us," I said leaving out the part about me snapping on her.

"Y'all didn't didn't do anything stupid or pull out a gun while you were there did you?" Mel asked.

"No, why?" I asked, wondering why he seemed to care so much.

"She's innocent, and there was a little girl in there," he said.

"Oh," was all I said. I continued the drive home thinking about Keyanna. There was something special about her, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I would be seeing her a lot in the future.

*********************************************

Just in case anybody is confused KING=MEL

Was August wrong for the way he treated Keyanna?

Should Keyanna be quick to forgive August?

What do you think of Denzel? August? Mel? Keyanna?

Should Marcus do jail time?

I know it early for this but, #TeamDenzel or #TeamAugust, lol (It is a fan fiction so August gets the girl.....or will he??)

*** I know the title says an August Alsina fan fiction, but this is a cross between a fan fiction and an urban "thug" story. Be sure to VOTE & COMMENT so I can know what to improve on!!!