____________________________________________________________________________________

"I know how much he hurt you" Jimi said and kissed her temple. Karen started to tear up at the thought of it all. "I don't know how I didn't see that happening to you. I knew Mark better than anyone and I didn't see that. If I would have seen it sooner I could have gotten you out of there faster" Jimi said while continuously rubbing Karen's arm. "It's not your fault" Karen said. "I could have got myself out of there, I just didn't know how until you showed up that night" Karen said in a tearful voice. "Are you going to be ok seeing him and performing on the same stage as him when we do a song with Carrie?" Jimi asked. "I'll be fine. I can just avoid him to the best of my abilities" Karen said. "And I will be right there with you so you don't have to worry" Jimi said and Karen rolled over and put her head on his chest and Jimi put his arm around her. "Thank you" Karen said. "For what?" Jimi replied. "For saving me that night" Karen replied. "I don't know where I'd be if you wouldn't have" Karen said and kissed him. "Well, I had to get you out of there" Jimi said. "If you didn't, I wouldn't have you, or Emma" Karen said and Jimi leaned down and kissed her forehead. They laid there in a comfortable silence until they fell asleep.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

It was 6:00 the next morning and everyone had to meet at the studio by 7:00 so they could make to the first show in Kentucky on time. Karen got up first and got Emma up. "Emma, sweetie, get in the shower we have to leave in 45 minutes" Karen said and grabbed Emma's bags and took them downstairs. Karen started a pot of coffee and grabbed two travel mugs from the cupboard and set them next to the coffee pot. Jimi came downstairs and joined Karen in the kitchen. "Are you ready to head back out on the road?" Jimi asked her. "Yeah, I am" Karen said and smiled at him. Emma finished getting ready and joined her parents downstairs. "I can whip up some pancakes for breakfast real quick" Karen said as Emma sat down "Sure" Emma said and Karen got out everything to make them.

Karen was done making the pancakes and served them on three plates and everyone ate then cleared their dishes. Then everyone grabbed their stuff and headed out to the car and Jimi loaded it up. They headed to the studio and boarded the bus with everyone. Of course the little ones wanted to play with Emma right away so they found a spot in the front of the bus and started playing with the dolls.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

They arrived at their destination several hours later. They got there about an hour before Carrie's bus did so they went out for a late lunch then came back and did sound check. Emma was wandering around backstage when a tall man with dark hair came up and started talking to here. "What are you doing wandering around by yourself? Where are your mom and dad?" he asked her. "Oh, um, they're doing sound check right now." Emma replied timidly. "Oh, so they are with Little Big Town?" he asked. "Yeah" Emma replied. "What is your name?" He asked her. "Emma" she replied. "I'm Mark. I play bass in Carrie's band" he said. "That's cool" Emma said. "Who are your parents?" Mark asked. "Karen Fairchild and Jimi Westbrook" Emma replied. "Really?" Mark said with a smirk on his face. "You know, I used to be friends with your mom and dad" Mark said. "Oh really? That's cool" Emma said. The band had just finished their sound check and Karen saw Mark talking to Emma "Shit" Karen said. "What's wrong?" Jimi asked and before he could get an answer, she ran over to Emma. When Jimi realized what she was talking about, he ran over there as well. "Actually, I used to be...." "Hey Emma" Karen said before Mark could finish his sentence. "Oh, Hello Karen. I was just talking to your lovely daughter here" Mark said with fake sincerity. "Em, why don't you go head back over to the dressing rooms, ok?" Karen said and Emma nodded and walked away. "I don't want you to talk to my daughter ever again!" Karen yelled. "I can do whatever I please Karen" Mark said calmly with a suspicious smile on his face. "Mark, you can leave our daughter out of this!" Jimi said angrily. "Well that might be difficult since your wife and I used to be married... or did you forget about that?" Mark said. "Well in that time I was married to you was the unhappiest I have ever been, Mark" Karen retorted and Mark let out a small chuckle and walked away. Karen's heart was beating out of her chest and she was shaking. She turned to Jimi with tears in her eyes and he pulled her in for a hug and she buried her face in his chest. "This is going to be one long tour" Karen said. "Yeah, it is, but we can handle it" Jimi said and rubbed her back.