Chapter 11- Realization

Start from the beginning

Everyone screamed and cheered getting up from their seats as Charlie and Danny strolled into the ballroom hand in hand. Some people whistled, others clapped, and a group of Danny’s friends in the corner of the room chanted them on. Danny and Charlie walked through the middle part of their wedding party line as bubbles began to appear.

“Let’s make room for the bride and groom on the dance floor. Enjoy your first dance guys.” April said lastly. Both Sean and April high fived each other as they shut off the microphones and gave them back to some waiters. The groomsmen and brides maids all stood together at one end of the dance floor as soft music began to play.

I watched my brother and his wife sway together to the music. After a while when their song ended another song began to play. When the next song began to play Charlie’s dad got up and danced with her. Macy went and danced with Danny, and dad escorted Clair to the dance floor; the whole family danced with each other. Charlie looked around and found Jeremy and Isitting at our table, with a nod of her head she directed us to come up and dance along. I declined by shaking my head a few times but then she gave me a meaningful glare, if I didn’t do this she’s strangle me later for it.

“Come on.” I whispered to Jeremy as I stood up and fixed my dress.

“Where are we going?” He asked standing up and buttoning his jacket.

“We have to dance or Charlie will plan something evil for us later.” I informed him while flattening out his tie. A horrified look passed Jeremy’s face as he looked at me and then to the dance floor.

"But I don't know how to dance." He whispered in my ear as I walked him over to the dance floor. Charlie and Danny were already happily lost in their own world together again dancing in circles.

"Well good thing you have me." I giggled twining our fingers together. I stopped several feet away from the middle turning to Jeremy who looked as nervous as a puppy in a pound, "This arm goes here." I instructed moving his left hand on my hip, he shot me a smirk that made my cheeks heat up, and “My arm goes here." I mumbled with a smile as I wrap my right arm around his neck, "and we just hold hands like this." I said keeping our twined hands up.

"This isn't so bad." He smiled.

I laughed, "That's because we're not moving yet." I mentioned, "All you have to do is take steps like this." I said moving my right foot to the side and then bringing back my left foot so they were together. I kept doing so slowly hoping he got the pattern I was creating, "See you're not so bad." I smiled looking up at him, "And keep your head up." I ordered using our tangled hands to lift his chin up, "I want to be stared at." I joked laughing lamely at myself.

Jeremy placed his lips against my forehead softly, another blush forming on my cheeks, "Now that I can do." He muttered placing his arm around my waist more securely, pulling at me so that I was closer to him, "Have I mentioned that you look absolutely gorgeous this evening. How ironic that sky blue is really your color." He winked, trying to charm his way into something.

I thought to myself, "Hmm, a compliment coming from Jeremy Coleman. Gee, I never thought I'd get one. My life is now complete." I bantered, goose bumps rose on my skin when he slowly moved his hand further down my back, "What do you want?" I pondered raising a brow at him.

"Are you trying to offer me something?" He teased lifting his eye brows up and down. I laughed shaking my head as I lightly slapped his shoulder. He shrugged his shoulders looking away, "I just thought I'd tell you."

I smiled waiting for his gaze to come back around, placing a light kiss on his cheek I reached over and whispered in his ear, "Thank you." Grinning I rested my head on his shoulder as we began to lightly sway. Once I figured the song was almost over I picked my head up and wecontinued to just step in circles, "I know I say this every moment but thank you for coming. There are not many people that I know that would have done this perfectly. It's been worth all the teasing, bickering, intolerable, aggravating moments that I had to spend with you."

"I think that's the nicest thing I've ever heard you say to me." He chuckled, "But you're very welcome. I'm glad I said yes and I'm glad you're happy." I smiled feeling a spark of warmth in my body and a nervous feeling in my stomach.

 It was a feeling I haven't felt in a long time, a happiness that crept through me just because of a few simple words Jeremy said here and there. And the funny thing is, if Jeremy had said this the first day or any day before that I would have never gotten this kind of feeling. I don't know why I felt this happy now, but I had to realize it was because I had somewhat trusted Jeremy and felt comfortable around him now. Even the stupidest things I say he would laugh at, during the most emotional times he saw me he accepted it and never ran away or left me alone. He stayed and because of that I felt comfortable with anything.

It also scared me.

It scared me that I felt this way about him so soon and so easily and we're not even dating. To think by tomorrow evening this time we'd go our separate ways. At this moment I just wanted to enjoy this and not thinking about later or tomorrow. Yes, it scared me that I was feeling this way about Jeremy and I had said- we agreed and said- I would never feel this way about him, but somehow it happened, and a part of me hated that it happened. Another part of me enjoyed it, but that part of me didn't know it'd hurt later. This was just a job for Jeremy; he didn't really care or mean anything he did during it. I'm just falling for him like every other girl that goes on a date with him. I have to remind myself that he must do this with every other girl he goes out on fake dates like these. I'm not anyone special.

"What are you think about?" Jeremy whispered pushing my chin up so I was no longer leaning my forehead on his- I hadn't even known I was.

"Nothing that is important." I lied dragging my eyes away from him. I saw from the corner of my eyes that he wanted to say something but he decided against it. The song came to an end, everyone clapped and cheered. In the middle of the dance floor Danny gave Charlie a final twirl then pulled her into a kiss.

We all walked back to our seat, I held Jeremy's hand loosely in his as he steered us back to the table. He held my seat open for me and pushed me in like a gentleman. When he sat down in the seat next to me on the right, he leaned in and kissed my cheek and held my hand under the table. I bit my bottom lip, and slowly untwined my hand from his. He looked at me questionably for a second while I thought about what to do or say. So I did the next best thing, "Excuse me. I need to use the ladies room." I muttered picking up my dress and pushing out my chair.

I walked towards the bathrooms at the other end of the ballroom. I opened one of the doors and crossed the hall where the giant bathroom was. It was bright, empty and very clean. I didn't really need to use the bathroom but it was a good thing because one of the pins in my hair was loose and my lip gloss was losing its shine. Washing my hands I watched myself in the mirror and then dried my hands off with some paper towels. I exited the bathroom catching my eye in one of the mirrors on a wall. Somehow deja vu occurred and I couldn't help but stare at the mirror longer. Something just looked so familiar around this mirror and me in it. I rubbed myhand across my forehead taking a deep breath. I adjusted my dress and turned around when I heard the door being opened.

Jeremy walked across to me, "Hey you alright?" He asked putting his hand on my bare shoulder.

I turned around nodding my head shrugging his hand off, "Yeah of course." I said walking around him.

He grabbed my hand as I started walking away, pulling me back he narrowed his eyes only slightly questioning me, "You sure?" He wondered.

"Yes." I confirmed trying to smile, "Let's get back in there before they think we ran away." I mention tugging on his hand a bit.

He took a moment before nodding his head and walking back in the ballroom with me. He once again held out my chair for me to sit on and pushed me in, but he did not kiss my cheek when he sat down or grabbed my hand from under the table. This time we just sat, waiting for dinner, listening to the chatter around the table.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

Comment! Vote! FAN!-XOLuvKylie&Kelsey