°•Prologue•°

~£°•July 14, 2001,•°£~

"Haven, c'mon! I need you to open your window, please!" I whispered asI tapped on Haven's window. She looked up at the window and opened it, letting me Chase crawl into her basement room. My eyes, changing from fully black to waves of gold then back to normal, repeating.

"Chase, what's happening?!" Haven gasped.

"I don't know. But I feel stronger, Powerful," I said as I groaned, laying on her couch. Haven walked over to her mini-fridge and grabbed a chocolate protein milkshake handing it to me.

"Drink, please," I sighed as she helped me sit up.

"Thanks, Haven," I smiled up at her and drank the shake. She returned the smile and rubbed my back, sitting next to me.

"You hungry? I can make you..."

"No, I'm not hungry. I'm sleepy," I yawned. Haven nodded and helped me to strip off my shoes, and pants, then helped her bed, covering me with a cool sheet to help with the summer heat. As I closed my eyes, I noticed that she grabbed a pillow and a spare blanket, walking over to the couch getting ready to sleep. "Haven?" Chase called out. I hummed acknowledging him. "Why are you over there?" I whimpered.

"Don't you want the bed all to yourself?" She asked.

"No. I want my best friend here. I don't want to feel alone," I whined. Haven sighed and stood up, retrieving her pillow and blanket, and walked back to where I was lying. Throwing the pillow on the bed and dropping the blanket on the floor. I crawled in bed with Chase and he turned to face me, snuggling into me.

"Chase, how do you feel right now?"

"Scared. I don't know what this is," I kissed his head and sighed.

"We'll get through this. Together,"

"Together until the moon and stars are gone," I whimpered as I hugged Haven tightly.

"Together until the moon and stars are gone," Haven repeated as I drifted off to sleep.

~£°•February 14, 2003,•°£~

"Chase, please help me," I whimpered as I limped into his room.

"Jesus, Haven. What did Hank do now?" Chase growled as he ran over to me and threw an arm over his shoulders.

"It wasn't Hank. The same thing that happened to you on your 13th birthday," I whimpered as I felt waves of pleasure and strength crash over me. He helped me lie down on his bed, promising that everything will be alright.

"Here, lay down. I'll go get you a protein bar and some of that Vitamin Water you like," Chase kissed my head and ran out of his room. I breathed in deeply as another wave of Power crashed over me, humming 'Zombie' by The Cranberries. "Alright, do you need help sitting up?" Chase asked as he ran up to me. I shook my head no and sat up, taking the protein shake and down it, shoving the protein bar into my mouth.

"Chase, I'm tired," I whined. Chase helped me lay back down and he lied down next to me. I snuggled into him and slowly fell asleep, humming 'Once Upon A December'.