Chapter 10

Rays of sunshine shone through the curtains of the dimmed lighted room in the eerily quite building early in the morning. Natasha had just got a good night sleep, it was once in a blue moon that Tony isn't in his lab making loud noises all night. She was still fast asleep under her sheets until life decided it wanted to ruin her good night sleep.

"RISE AND SHINE, NATTY NAT, I'M BACK!" Clint said with a booming voice, emerging from the vent up on the ceiling, landing right next to her bed. Natasha bolted and grabbed for her gun straight away, only to drop it again once she recognize who the intruder is.

"What the hell, Clint!" She said annoyed hiding her face under the covers. A second later Clint was tugging at her blanket, pinching her toes, "alright, that's it I'm up," she pushed the covers away, hard enough to intentionally drop Clint onto the floor with a loud thud and a wince of pain. She stood up and grabbed her tank top, Avengers jacket and a pair of trainers on the walk-in closet every room has, awhile Clint was still lying on the floor. She combed her hair and let it lose. A knock came, it couldn't be Clint, he would just barge in or use the air vents instead, she walked up to the door to open it to find a grinning soldier on her door.

"G'morning, I uh- made some breakfast, you wanna join me?"

"Sure, I'll be down in a minute." She was about to close the door when Steve peeked in through the door to find the archer on the floor.

"Hey Capsicle," Clint said raising his head from the floor slightly to greet him. Steve raised his eyebrow at Nat, which she just shrugged off and closed the door. She turned back to Clint who is now laying down on his side, one hand holding up his head as if his modeling for a bikini line.

"So....." he said wiggling his eyebrows.

"What?"

"Care to explain why he is on your door inviting you to breakfast?" Nat rolled his eyes, she knew he would ask this kind of question, he always wanted to know things about her, except if she felt she need not to share it. He would always be that sort of protective brother figure to her.

"What? He can't knock on his teammate's door inviting them for breakfast?" She answered as a matter of factly.

"He doesn't knock on mine, or Wanda, or Sam, or Tony, or Bruce, or Thor, or Sharon," he shot back too. It's true though, Steve only knocked on her door early in the mornings for breakfast, they would always eat breakfast together too, sometimes with the company of Sharon who would occasionally come by the building to greet her friends.

"You being jealous you're not invited to breakfast is your point?" She asked him teasingly.

"No, 'you having something going on between you and captain goody-pants don't you?' Is my point," he states.

"No, there's nothing going on, Clint," she says, this time with a glare.

"Alright, alright, keep telling yourself that," he says, walking out the door with her walking closely behind.
---
Steve and Natasha sit on the dining room, enjoying their breakfast on a quiet Sunday morning, throwing light chit-chats to each other. To them, breakfasts for two in early mornings is 'nothing' or simply 'what friends do', the rest of the team wouldn't even dare to bother them on this occasion, letting the soldier and the spy get along really closely with each other. Everybody except Sharon, she doesn't mean to be rude though, the pair were used to her company, and the three of them usually spend their free times on the gym together. Like other days, Sharon showed up a bit later than Steve and Natasha, when both of them were done with their meal, she would just show up.

"Hi guys," she would greet.

"Hey.""Hi."

"Steve, when are we going to visit Peggy today?" Steve's face lit up when he remembered that he's going to visit his best girl, the last connection he has to the past. A million thoughts flooded his mind, will she want to see me? After all this time will she still want to see me? Has she moved on? Have I? It has been so long since he last saw her, decades to be exact, but it seems like he had moved on, he had accepted the fact that, Peggy, has a family right now, and that he can't be with her anymore. The presence of a Peggy-like figure, had helped him moved on actually, taking his mind away from thoughts of Peggy and the past, although her demeanor strongly resembled Peggy, she was different.

"We can go in five. You okay if I leave you, Nat?"

"Sure, go ahead, here take my Corvette," Nat says, throwing her car keys to Steve. With that, Steve and Sharon leave with Nat's corvette, with Steve driving, of course.  At some point, Natasha had thought Steve how to drive modern cars. He knew better not to scratch her car if he doesn't want to receive the wrath of the Black Widow.

"I'm surprised you know how to drive this car," Sharon says.

"Nat thought me a lot of things, driving a sports car is one of many." He kept his eyes on the road.

"You seem pretty good at this driving thing."

"Nat's a great teacher and she's got a great car," he says, this time he looked at her and smiled. She doesn't react the same though, her smile that was previously on her face slowly fade away.

"Can we not talk about Natasha every time it's just the two of us? Every time, Steve. Every time it's just you and I, all you talk about is Nat." Okay, Steve didn't expect that coming and was left dumbfounded, he had been talking honestly of what he thought, he doesn't realize that he had always be talking about Nat. He opened his mouth to speak only to be cut by her again, "you talk about her as if she's the greatest, at least when I'm with you don't do that, please, it's like- it's like you're with me but your mind is still with her. Please, don't do that again, at least respect me when I'm with you," Sharon explained.

"I'm- I'm sorry, Sharon, I didn't mean to hurt you or disrespect you."

"Yeah, it's okay, I forgive you."

Steve clearly didn't see that coming, and he did not notice how he talked about Natasha angered Sharon. Steve clearly don't know how to talk to women, except to one.

---
Hey guys! I'm sorry it took me so long to update this story because I'm on vacation. Anyways, enjoy this new chapter, forgive me if there are any mistakes.
Vote and comment!
Don't forget to check my ig on @agents.of.mxrvel
xx