✒Chapter 4♠[Original]

👑CHAPTER FOUR👑•The Masquerade•

👑CHAPTER FOUR👑
•The Masquerade•

Prince Charming's Masquerade Party🗽

8:00 p.m.

-Friday; night-

-Jack-

The party was an amazing experience

The party was an amazing experience. I was having the time of my life; not one problem had occurred. I guess Simon was right, I can do this. I know I haven't been out in forever and it's really destroyed my social life but I actually feel comfortable, like I actually belong here. The music suddenly got lower.

"Hello, everyone. I hope you have been enjoying yourselves thus far. I have a quick announcement and then you can all get back to the party. As you may all know, a certain Prince has been unseen and unheard from for many years-the very thought is bothersome. But tonight I am proud to say that Prince William is in the building tonight!"

Everyone began to clap and cheer; others were just looking around clueless as to who I was.

"I have been told he wants to keep his identity a secret tonight...but all I can say is oops." He let out a laugh, "The prince's mysterious attendance has given me a great idea. A little game of cat and mouse, if you will. If any one of you find him bring him to me and you will receive a prize; I would love to have a little chat with my old friend."

The ballroom went crazy with excitement.

"What?!" My outburst drew a little attention and I quickly began to walk away.

"DJ turn the music back up and let the party...and the hunt begin."

A hunt to find me? That must have been Charming's plan from the start. Friend?? He doesn't even know the meaning of the word. He has always been a jerk; he was one of the reasons high school was such a living hell for me.

The DJ cranked the music back up and everyone began to go back to partying.

I walked with my head down hoping that no one would find me. I rushed through the dancefloor and made my way to a table covered with food and beverages. Suddenly, in an instant, I accidently bumped into someone; we both fell onto the ground. I looked up to see that it was a girl.

"Ah, I'm so sorry. I should have been paying attention."

I quickly jumped up and helped her to her feet.

"You know it's a good thing to walk with your head up, right." She joked, as she picked up her purse.

I took a moment to just look at her. She was dressed up in a sparkly lavender dress. Her hair was well-done and her smile was so beautiful that I couldn't help but smile back. She was just gorgeous; one of the most beautiful women I have ever laid my eyes on, and for some reason, she looked really familiar.

"I-I-Uh..."

"You're nervous, that's adorable. Don't worry, I don't bite," she said, with a giggle. "What's your name?"

"Prince Will-" I quickly catch myself. "Prince Willow."

"Prince Willow, huh? I don't think I've heard of you. Where are you from?"

"Uh...Queens."

"Oh, really; my mom lives in Queens. Which part are you from?"

"Well...you know...the south region. Somewhere in that area."

"Hmm. That's interesting; so am I."

"Really?" I was running out of lies; at this rate she was sure to catch on. I was literally feeling the urge to run away.

"Yes, you seem like someone from Saintville."

"Yup...you're right. Born and raised."

"That's funny. There's not one neighborhood in Queens with the name Saintville."

I was speechless.

"Honesty is an important trait. Mr. Willow. "You wouldn't have something to hide, would you?"

"Not...not at all. I-I was just testing you. Yea..."

She chuckled. "Right..."

"Hey!" Someone yelled out.

A girl came walking towards us and I quickly turned and acted like I was getting some punch.

"I saw you guys' little crash and thought I'd come over and see if you two were okay."

"Yeah, I think we're fine. Just a little fender bender."

"That's good to hear. Oh! Where are my manners; I'm Lisa."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Violet."

"And you are, sir?

I nearly chocked on my punch.

"I-uh. I'm-"

"You'll have to excuse him, he's a little shy, and very bad at introducing himself," said Lisa. "That's Prince Willow."

"Prince Willow, huh? My, my, you sure are looking very sharp tonight. Are you here with anyone?"

"No...just myself."

"That's too bad."

A new song began to play and everyone rushed onto the dancefloor.

"So..." Lisa said with her hand placed onto my shoulder, "Are you going to ask me to dance?"

I began to smile nervously behind my mask and then slowly started to turn around.

"Would you like to-"

She cut me off and quickly grabbed my hand. "I thought you'd never ask."

Lisa pulled me by my arm until we joined in on the building crowd of dancers. As if being hunted down wasn't already bad enough, now I was being forced to show-off my horrible dance moves.

👑