Chapter Fifteen: Death

The next morning, Carly wakes up in Daniel's arms and for the first time she doesn't immediately pull away from him. Instead she snuggles closer into him and he lazily wraps his arms tighter around her. Pounding on the door makes them both shoot up only to see Henley barge in.

"Stop fucking," She tells them both making Carly's face turn bright red. "We need to get this done quickly."

Now in a rush the two of them get out of bed and get ready for the day. Carly leaves the confides of the bedroom to go help Jack burn any sort of documents they had regarding their mysterious benefactor. This was the part of the plan Carly was dreading the most. Everything was awaiting them in New York for the final show, but they needed a big distraction if they were to even get there.

The entire group was reasonably freaking out in one way or another and what got everyone's attention was Daniel smashing a phone with his foot.

"The firewall's down?" Henley asks. "Do they know about this?"

"They who?" Carly asks confused.

"They! Them! Whoever we are working for!" Henley says exasperated.

"Who are we working for?" Merritt asks the big question that was on everyone's minds.

"Are we ready to go to jail for them?" Carly asks suddenly getting nervous.

"Stop being paranoid," Daniel says and pats her head gently before joining in on burning the documents.

"Guys, I don't know if I can do this," Jack says and stops what he's doing. "I don't wanna go to jail, you know?"

Carly grabs the documents from his hands and throws it into the flames.

"Then don't screw up," Daniel tells him. "You're always talking about wanting to be treated like an adult. Now might be a good time to start acting like one. Stick to the plan, you stay here and burn it all."

"I'm here too you know," Carly says and grabs some more documents. "Plan is, Jack and I die while you guys finish the show."

"Plans change, you're with Merritt on the bus now," Daniel demands.

"I don't know what I'm doing," Merritt says and raises his hands.

"I don't know what you would do anywhere else," Daniel tells him.

"I'm here for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow," Merritt informs everyone. "That's it, and then I'm gone."

"You can do whatever you want when this is over Merritt," Carly tells him. "But until then, we stick to the original plan. I die too."

"No!" Daniel shouts but then takes a deep calming breath. "No, you're with Merritt now."

"They're here!" Henley shouts and runs away from the window.

"Okay, let's do it," Merritt exclaims and grabs the bags and Carly's arm, dragging her out and away from Jack. She tries to fight it, but Daniel stands in her way and pushes her along as well to the trash chute.

"Ladies first," Daniel tells her and throws her bag down.

"We shouldn't deviate from the original plan, Jack could get hurt," Carly tells him, her voice shaking as Henley jumps down.

"He'll be okay," Daniel tells her calmly with a smile. "He's a big boy, he can take care of himself. Now go."

With that she jumps down the chute and puts on her wig when she's on the ground with Henley and the others. She wore a black pixie cut wig with a light blue beret. Henley had a blonde wig with bangs, Merritt changed hats and his uniform, while Daniel put on a porn star mustache making the others laugh. Carly gets onto the bus with Merritt, while Daniel and Henley get into separate cars.

"You guys hear me okay?" Daniel asks.

"Loud and clear," Carly responds.

"Hearing you," Henley says.

"Gotcha mustache man," Merritt says lightly.

Carly sat right behind Merritt who drove a bus full of mannequins. Once on the highway, she hears the sirens behind her and looks out the window to see Jack speed past them and Daniel in a taxi merge behind him to slow down the cops. Jack merges in front of Henley in a minivan to disguise himself.

"Now Merritt!" Daniel shouts and Merritt presses a button releasing the duplicate car that was on the front of the bus. The car slides into the other lanes before hitting the barrier and flipping a couples of times before fully exploding in a gas fire.

Jack Wilder was dead.