Chapter 28: Lesson 173?

Elsa

"So this is what it's like to be in a relationship." I told Jack while laughing.

"Yeah." He replied.

"It feels the same from where we still weren't together, except this time it's official and it's not just our parents saying we are." I said.

"Are you sure we're still keeping it a secret from everyone else? I mean it's only a matter of time that Anna will find this out." Jack asked.

"I know, I know." I sighed. "Just give me more time so I could conjure up courage and tell this to my friends, I'm afraid of how they'll react after knowing how long I've kept this from them."

"Why didn't you want to tell them anyways?" Jack asked as we stopped on a nearby bench.

"I don't know. I mean I trust them on this but I just don't want anyone else to know." I sat down the bench, and so did Jack.

"But why exactly do you not want to?" He asked.

"Well, you know how I get bullied by Ralph and the others from our class?" I asked.

"If it's just those bullies you're working about I could defend you from them so they'll stop bothering you." Jack said.

"No, it's not me I'm worried about okay? I just don't want anybody else being bullied because of me. What if they make fun of you too?" I said. "I'll ruin your campus heartthrob image just by hanging out with you, what more if they'll know we're dating?"

"Elsa stop worrying about me, worry about yourself for once in a while will you?" Jack said.

"I can't. You know I'm not that type of person." I said.

"Elsa, just because you worry about yourself doesn't mean you're self-centered. Sometimes taking care of yourself first before others works too." Jack said.

There was silence in the air, but the comfortable kind.

"And I know for a fact that you don't tell your parents that it's not just once that you got bullied." Jack said. "Elsa if you're worried about me then you couldn't imagine how I'm worried about you."

"Yeah but-"

"Don't keep all those feelings bottled up, cause it will break if you won't at least share it. Don't be afraid of telling it to others because it wouldn't hurt okay? It would actually help so much." Jack said.

"I know, I just really don't want them worrying about me. It's my problems, if I'll share it, one way or another it'll be theirs too. And I don't want giving people problems." I said fiddling with the end of my braid.

"What about Anna? And Mackenzie? And Aubry? Don't you tell them your secrets?" Jack asked. And as an answer I just shrugged.

Jack sighed then laughed. "Then it's a good thing I'm here to teach you about things you should know." Jack said.

I rolled my eyes then also laughed. "After those few months it was actually the other way around." I pointed out.

"Lesson number 173, some secrets should be told." Jack said ignoring what I just said.

"173? What are you talking about? We never reached that much number. We didn't even reach a hundred." I laughed.

"Hepepep, hold all the questions till the end of my demonstration." Jack said putting his index finger over my lips. I just rolled my eyes.