Sanguine Part 20

Notes:

I thought it best to warn for this, but whilst it's not strictly bestiality, there is attempted dragon-on-dragon sexy-times in this chapter. If that doesn't sound like your kind of thing, don't read it; I did pre-warn you about it.

****

one week later

The midday air was heated, and felt humidly heavy against the exposed expanse of Paul's bare skin, as he stepped out of the last of his clothing. Despite the fact that he knew there was no one else there, he checked around him all the same, every movement and glance swift and nervous. He felt reassured, however, when he saw that there was no one else there apart from himself, and Richard nearby, who, as ever, was the only one permitted to see Paul in this state.

They'd travelled to their usual spot outside Berlin, to fly above the trees over their habitual spots; that day was tempered with a certain determination, to practice their flying, to hone into something battle-ready and dangerous, to perhaps even to practice a few mock-fights if they had the time or were up to it. With the looming threat of a potential war, they both knew that they needed as much practice as they could get, in everything. Neither one of them knew when those skills would be needed, after all.

Richard was staring at Paul, gaze as heated as the air, and smile as lustful as it ever was whenever Paul was naked. That day was slightly different however, yet Paul couldn't exactly pinpoint why; it wasn't just the fact that they had the threat of war hanging over their heads. There seemed to be a certain shivering, shuddering expectancy in the air, weighted and watchful and incredibly arousing. Paul already was partially hard beneath the weight of that expectancy and Richard's gaze combined, and he turned into the other man when he felt Richard step close, to run one hand over Paul's cock, skin warm and slightly sweat damp against his flesh. Paul groaned and leant into Richard's touch, flesh and body responding in the same way that it always did whenever his lover was close; he grew harder still when Richard continued to stroke him, and he cursed sharply, viciously when Richard tarted to move away again, fingers sliding across his erect length, pulling shuddering groans from Paul's chest, before those fingers fell away completely, leaving Paul hard and unfulfilled and fully erect.

Richard smiled, eyes resting appreciatively upon Paul's erection, and Paul soon become distracted from his own discomfort by the sight of his lover undressing. Richard's tanned skin slowly became exposed to the light and Paul could see the hints of muscles flexing and contracting beneath Richard's skin with every movement the other man made. Paul started touching himself when he saw how hard Richard was, boxers pushed roughly away to reveal the other man was as fully erect as Paul was. Paul, again, had that sense of waiting, of watching, of almost-danger and he started working his hand harder against his cock, pained whines working their way from his throat as he did so. He wanted to come, and he almost did, yet Richard stepped in and gripped his wrist gently.

"Stop," Richard said, with enough order and bite in his tone to make Paul actually do so, even though his first instinct was to carry on until completion.

He was so close, lust and arousal fizzing in pin-prick expectancy in his abdomen, yet he gritted his teeth against it and tried to ignore it. Richard smiled when he realised that Paul had actually listened and had obeyed him; Paul was rewarded by a kiss that was almost chaste, lips pressing warmly against lips. Paul sighed into that kiss, and smiled, yet Richard stepped away before the kiss turned dirty and into something else entirely. Paul missed the loss of his lover's body against his, and the glorious slide of bare skin against his own. He remembered the nights they'd lain together, of Richard making love to him hard and fast and desperate, as if those nights would prove to be their last and they would never have the chance to lay with each other again. Of course, they always did, and Paul had no intention of ever leaving Richard.