And She Was

I wake up to bad news on a Saturday morning, on a hectic day in June, a young lady who seemed to have been going places had went the way of all flesh.

A gasp offed my breath but I had no tears to shed, no words to speak but a lump in my throat formed and curiosity got the better of me in time.

Her voice, like a relief from all the tension that keeps arising each and every ruddy day.

Her melodies, like a message that has been transmitted to me, only it's now too late.

She was eccentric, a rarity in this day and age is what she was; a phenomenon that must never be gone clean out of our minds.

Throughout her life, she was an influence that changed the lives of many youths.

No monkey business, her lines I enjoyed fathoming.

No mumbo-jumbo, all was coherent and crystal clear.

What in the world did she ever do to have deserved such an abominable death?

Is this what she came for, only to end up leaving so soon?

Is this what was in store for her?

Only the price she had to pay was so unfair!

She was barely in the cusp of her twenties,

had so many years ahead of her along with so many opportunities!

Deprived of her future, she was still in the springtime of life.

She flew back home, to the arms of the Father above only so soon!

In our hearts and memory you will remain, cherished and remembered.

I pray to you, watch over those you held very dear.