Berries {Chapter 4}

I woke up. My legs and back stiff from sleeping in a tree. I slowly sat up and stretched. Looking around the tree tops. I breath in the fresh air, enjoying my surroundings.
"Morning!" A voice yelled. I look down to see the brown headed boy. Vylad.
"Brought you food!" He yelled again. I sighed and jumped down. Landing right in front of him. I crossed my arms and stared at him.
"I'll take that as hello..." He said. I sighed again. I waved at him and gave him a small smile.
"I'm satisfied, thank you." He said handing me an apple. Really? All of that just to give me a small apple? I handed him the apple back and crossed my arms again.
"What, are you not pleased with my apple?" This time he crossed his arms. I rolled my eyes and punched his arm.
"Ow! What was that for?!" He quietly yelled. I ignored him and started to walk into the forest.
"Wait! Now where you going?!" He yelled running after me. I looked at him and tapped my foot.
"What?" He asked. I pointed in the direction of the village trying to tell him to turn back.
"You want me to leave!? I'm offended... Fine I'll go..." He said and sassily turned around, walking back to Phoenix Drop. I smiled to myself. He's interesting.

I walked farther into the forest until I reached a small river. When you live on your own for a long time you figure out how to get food easily. Near rivers are my favorite food. Idiot Berries. Idiot Berries grow near flowing water which makes the berries clear. Theses magical berries are the most poisonous food I know of, but there's a reason they're called Idiot Berries. Only an idiot would not be able to see the pouch of poison through the clear skin of the fruit, and simply picking the pouch out gets ride of any threat of eating it.

I walked up to the bank of the river, looking around for a bush of the fruit. I finally spotted one and ran over to it. I picked one and peeled the poison out of it. I opened my mouth getting ready to eat it when I heard a voice.
"Stop!" It yelled. I looked up to see someone sitting in the tree above me. The figure jumped down and I immediately recognized who it was. Vylad.
"What are you doing?! That's extremely poisonous?!" He screamed in my face. He followed me here, that sneaky prick. I got close to his face, a few inches away. His face grew flustered and his cheeks turned a light pink. He was blushing. I smirked and put the berry in my mouth, biting down on it. Vylad's eyes grew large as he whispered.
"What have you done..." I smiled and tried to contain my laughter.
"We need to get you a doctor!" He yelled. I sighed and went back to the bush to grab another berry. Vylad stayed behind me and mumbled to him self unmake-able words. I grabbed his face with my hand and made him look at me. I put the berry close to his face and slowly took poison out of the berry, throughing the pouch to the ground. I grabbed his hand and opened it, putting the berry in his palm. I stepped back, waiting for him to eat it. He looked at me confused. I sighed and took the berry out of his hand.
"Wa-" before he could finish talking I shoved the berry into his mouth and closed his mouth, making him have to chew.
"Ugh... Sour..." He said making a disgusted face. "But... Can I have another?" I crossed my arms and tapped my foot.
"What?" He asked. I pointed my finger in his face and then pointed to the tree he was in a couple minutes ago.
"Oh... Yeah, so I may have been told to keep an eye on you..." He said rubbing the back of his neck. I sighed and turned my back to him.
"Look I'm sorry but most people don't really trust you... I mean you are a thief..." He said. I sat down on the grass, next to the berry bush with my back against a tree. I patted a patch of grass next to me, gesturing for him to sit down. I grabbed another berry, peeled the poison, and gave it to Vylad.
"Thanks." He said as he sat down.

A/N~ This book is more of the fun and goofy side of Vylad rather then his really serious side. Trust me there will be a part in the book were he gets more serious but for now he's the goofy, fun-loving Vylad. Also yes there is a fruit in Australia called 'Idiot Fruit' but it's nothing like the fictional 'Idiot Berry' I made up. XD
Also this chapter is kinda just you getting closer to Vylad.