Chapter 34

"Minerva, I understand if you want to come get him. He's rather shaken up and given what's going to be happening during the school year, he might not spend much time with you. Feel free to pick him up if you want, just give us a heads up so we can get him ready." Molly's voice was apologetic, like she could have prevented what happened at the Quidditch match.

Minerva smiled. The mother of 7 had definitely adopted another child, in her own special way.

"Expecto Patronum." Three silver cats appeared before her and sat down in midair, awaiting jobs.

"You, carry this message to Dumbledore." She pointed to the first one. It stood up. "I'm going to get Harry from the Weasley's house in an hour, if you need me I'll be there and I'll message you again when I get back."

A flick of her wrist sent it scampering off through the wall towards Dumbledore's office.

"You, go to Sirius Black and tell him this," She beckoned the second one forward. "If you are unable to update yourself on the current events happening in the Wizarding World, there was an attack at the Quidditch World Cup. Death Eaters were there, terrorizing muggles and harming wizards who tried to help them. The Dark Mark was flown and Harry was found underneath it. He's fine and the perpetrator was caught. I just thought you'd like to know how your godson is. Take care, Sirius, you mean a lot to him." She stroked the cat's back, talking to it now instead of Sirius. "Remember to be stealthy. He is in hiding."

The cat jumped through an open window and raced into the sky, disappearing quickly. Minerva looked at where it had been running, remembering Harry's constant chattering about his godfather over the summer. He'd barely been able to contain himself around the other teachers.

The final Patronus meowed to regain her attention.

"Oh yes. You are going to Mrs. Weasley. Molly, I'll be picking Harry up in an hour if he wants me to. It's his choice whether or not he returns home for the last few weeks of the summer and I am perfectly okay with him staying at your house if he wants to."

The final cat disappeared and Minerva sat down, awaiting an answer from her son.

----------------------------------------

"Harry, dear, are you with Ron?" Mrs. Weasley shouted up the stairs.

"Yeah!" Harry shouted back, scowling as Ron's knight hit his rook and knocked it off the board.

"Could you come down here for a moment?"

"We'll be down in a second, Mum!" Ron asked.

"Just Harry, please!" She called back.

The two boys looked at each other.

"What did you do?" Ron asked.

"Nothing!" Harry insisted, scrambling to his feet. "I'll be right back, I hope."

"Well she didn't sound angry. You've got that going for you." Ron told him as he walked out the door and started down the stairs. "Good luck, mate."

Harry made his way down the winding steps of the Burrow, his mind racing. He had no clue what Mrs. Weasley wanted. Could it be about the night of the Quidditch final?

"Mrs. Weasley?" He called once he reached the first floor.

"In the kitchen, Harry, dear." She replied. Harry made his way towards her voice.

"Am I in trouble?"

"Oh of course not dear!" Mrs. Weasley laughed. "Your mother sent a message."

Harry frowned, which was not the look his friend's mum was expecting.

"What's wrong, Harry?"

"Is she going to make me come home?" Harry asked worriedly.

Mrs. Weasley chuckled. "No, dear. She said it's your choice whether you want to stay here for the rest of the summer or go home."

Harry let out a sigh of relief. "Can you tell her I want to stay here. And that I love her and will see her when we get back to school?"

Molly smiled at the young boy. He was a very sweet kid, and smarter than some people thought. "Of course, Harry. You're welcome here and your mother knows you'll be well taken care of."

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley!" Harry hugged the red haired woman, then quickly ran out of the room and back up the stairs.

Molly chuckled and cast a quick Patronus charm."I doubt it will come as a surprise, Minerva, but Harry said he wants to stay here, that he loves you, and that he'll see you when he gets back. Have a good rest of your summer vacation."

The Patronus leapt out into the sky, disappearing quickly. Molly watched it go with a smile.

"Okay, I'm back!" Harry exclaimed once he reached Ron's room.

"What did Mum want?"

"She just wanted to know if I needed anything else from Diagon Alley." Harry shrugged.

"Oh, that's good. Is she going shopping?"

"I guess so."

Ron nodded and pointed to the card deck sitting on the floor. "Wanna play again?"

[A/N as you can see, updates are coming slowly. They are coming though, please be patient and I'll get them out eventually]