Chapter 19

Harry frantically shushed Ron as they scrambled back towards the castle.

"Great bloody creepy crawly disgusting-" Ron continued to rant about the spiders they had been attacked by.

"Ron, shut up or we'll get caught!" Harry insisted. 

They passed McGonagall's rooms and Harry slapped his hand over Ron's mouth, silencing him more effectively as he knew that his mum's walls were extremely thin and easy to hear through. 

After they passed the door, Harry pulled Ron ahead, rushing to get out of hearing range before removing his hand from his friend's face.

Hearing a door open somewhere behind them, Harry broke into a run, Ron stumbling to keep up with him and stay under the cloak at the same time.

McGonagall frowned out at the hallway, trying to figure out what she had heard.

She was sure it had been voices, but she didn't see anyone now.

A flash of movement caught her eye, but when she turned to look, nothing was there.

Minerva's eyes narrowed. She could only think of two people who would be out this late when there was a dangerous threat hanging over the school, but if they truly were running around after hours, then Harry had a decent reason. She would reprimand him in private later on, maybe schedule a meeting with him to talk about his grade as a cover.

----------------------------

Harry shut the door to the dormitory quietly, trying not to wake up anyone. He and Ron had gotten into a whispered argument in the common room and he had let the redhead blow off some steam before heading to bed after him when he stormed up the stairs, still complaining about spiders.

I don't have the slightest clue as to why Hagrid thought that would be a good idea. He thought as he crawled under his covers. Unless he thought that Aragog would act differently.

His mind flitted back to first year when Hagrid had hatched an illegal dragon egg in his hut.

He definitely thought Aragog would act differently towards us.

---------------------------

"Mr. Potter, I need to discuss some things with you later. I will come get you from your common room after school at around 4, please be ready for me when I arrive." McGonagall spoke calmly as the class packed up.

Harry had to hide the excitement that bubbled up inside of him. He would get to spend time with his mum, which didn't happen much because of all the problems they were having.

Minerva smiled slightly at the glimmer of happiness she had seen in his eyes. As the class was led off to their next period, she moved to her room to make sure that what she had been collecting was still safe.

In her office, on her desk, was a small box with potion ingredients inside it. McGonagall dug through it, making sure she knew all that was missing.

The old book was back in it's space, only to be pulled out when it was the right time.

Harry would be extremely excited, she knew.

---------------------------

Harry could hear Filch growling as he chased a bunch of spiders around the hall and past them.

Ron shivered next to him and he snickered a little, knowing what his friend was thinking of.

"Shut up you wanker." Ron hissed.

"Sorry, mate." Harry surpressed another laugh.

--------------------------

"Sit, Harry."

Harry grinned. "Thanks Mimmy." He plopped into a seat.

"I have told you that you are too old to call  me that."

"I know, I just haven't seen you in a while." He smiled kicked his feet up into the chair next to him.

Minerva smiled lightly as well. "Well now you are. How has school been going? I presume you realized I don't need to talk to you about your grade?" She poured tea and tapped his feet. Harry quickly sat up.

"Yeah, I figured it out. School's okay, except for the whole attack situation."

"Yes, Dumbledore is working on it." Minerva promised. In truth, she had no clue how close the headmaster was to finding out the problem, since he was no longer at the school.

"But Dumbledore's not here." Harry frowned.

"The Headmaster has his ways, Harry." Minerva reminded him.

Harry took a sip of his tea. "Right."

"So what were you doing out of bed so late last night?"

The black haired boy spat out his tea in surprise. "W-What?"

"Don't try to lie, I heard you running past and saw movement but no actual person. I know Dumbledore gave you the cloak." Minerva surveyed him casually over her teacup's rim.

"Well I, I...Hagrid gave me a lead and...yeah." He looked down.

"So you and Mr. Weasley decided to go investigate?" She asked him. "Instead of telling someone who would be better equipped for the situation, such as a teacher?"

"We figured no one would believe us." Harry muttered. 

"Next time, Harry, please tell me." Minerva finally said.

"I'm not in trouble?"

"Oh, you're in personal trouble with me. Not only were you out of bed, you were outside I assume and you dragged others into it. I will not fault Mr. Weasley as it will raise questions as to why I didn't give you detention right then and there."

"Oh...well, thanks Mum."

[A/N my computer and phone are being stupid and it's irritating me]