But my curiosity is piqued.

Martijn

I wake up to the sun shining in my eyes. I would get shades for these windows but why would I do that when I have a perfectly hot girl no more than 40 feet away?

I sit up in bed and slide my legs over the side. I see movement and I look quickly over to see... only Madi. That is, Madi alone. There's no guy with her. Henry. Now I remember his name. Thank god he didn't stay over at her house. She sees me through the window and waves and smiles. Happy from what I see, or rather, what I don't see, I smile and wave back.

She rifles through her closet for a moment, grabbing items of clothing, then disappears into her bathroom and reappears a moment later dressed in a tight tank top and a flowy skirt. I wish I were in that room with her right now.

She opens her window and waves at me again, like she wants to talk. I open mine and lean out. She leans out too, her breasts pushed up by her elbows, which rest on the windowsill. 

She says with a coy grin, "Normally I would ask why the long face, but with you I gotta know, why are you in such a good mood?" I roll my eyes at her. "It's a nice day. Don't ruin it." She grins. "I would never!"

Madi's not so bad. Maybe I should just be nice to her. We're pretty much even anyway. She did show me around school and helped me get settled and I was a dick to her but I saved her from that Dylan kid. And I didn't do her friend.

Madi

I pull my head back in the window and text Henry to ask if he wants to do something today. He picks me up in his convertible and we go to see a movie and have dinner. It was just as fun as the day before. We just click so well and it feels... just good, and so unlike anything I had with Matt. But for some reason my heart just doesn't feel like it belongs with Henry. I'm probably just not over Matt yet. He did cheat on me, after all.

But I can't stop thinking about why Martijn was so happy. It's almost suspicious. But maybe he was just nervous about moving from touring every day to living in a tiny southern Florida town, and he made some friends or something.

At about four o'clock it starts to rain, and Henry and I go to his house and hang out and make brownies, which turns into him putting brownie into my hair "to get back at me for the sand" in his hair.

Henry pins me against a wall in the kitchen, both of us laughing like idiots at the brownie in my hair and at nothing else in particular before he stops and looks at me seriously. I stare up at him, trying to read his gaze. He glances down at my lips before smiling, pulling my hips against his, and kissing me again. I tangle my fingers in his dark red hair and kiss him back for a moment before I pull away and whisper against his lips, "Hey, wanna eat the brownies first?"

He smiles and looks down, biting his lip shyly before whispering, "No..." His voice trails upwards at the end of the word, and I look at him questioningly until I realize that there is a lot more to that sentence that he left unsaid, but that he didn't know whether or not he should admit what he really wanted to eat.

I smile sweetly at him before grabbing a brownie and cramming half of it into my mouth. He leans forward and takes a small bite off the part that I'm not able to fit in my mouth. I giggle again with him and wrap my arms around his neck, resting my head on his chest and closing my eyes.

On the way home, I stop at the grocery store to pick up some food for my mom, because my dad was having work people over again. Like I said, party every day. I notice it getting cloudier and cloudier out the windows until I step outside, at which moment it of course starts to downpour.

Florida storms are insane. It's perfectly sunny one minute, then storming like it's the end of the world the next, and then an hour or two after the storm passes, all the rain has dried up and all signs of a storm are gone, besides scattered leaves and such.

I have to walk home in that storm, thankfully not too long of a walk, but I'm shivering when I arrive home and take a nice long shower. I wrap a towel around myself and go to curl up on my bed before it's time to get ready for my dad's colleague to come over.

I hear the doorbell ring, and my mom yells up asking for someone to get it, so I throw a sweatshirt and shorts on and hurry to the door. Martjin is standing out in the rain looking miserable and angry.

I whisper-yell so my mom won't get all up in our business , "Martijn? What the... what happened? Are you okay?" He pushes past me into the hall urgently. "Yeah. Fine. Let me in."

"Who is it, honey?" Right on cue, Mom calls from the kitchen. "Oh... just a package for me! Clothes or something," I yell back. Then in a quieter voice to Martijn, "What's up?"

"The idiot paparazzi thought it'd be a great idea to follow me around again. I got stuck at someone's house so I could only leave when it started raining cause they have to protect their stupid cameras. But I think they saw where I went so I can't go to my dumb house or they'll never leave."

"So you came right next door. Brilliant."

"Shut up." He starts walking upstairs, so I follow him, grabbing his arm in protest, "Hey, what are you doing. I have to get ready for company." 

He reaches my room. "Can I just stay here until they leave? For like an hour?" I roll my eyes at him. "I hate you, you know. But fine. Only cause you didn't screw Hailey." That seems to irk him. He flips me off before plopping onto my bed.

"Please, make yourself comfortable!" I say sarcastically before grabbing clothes to change into and heading towards my bathroom. "Aww, you aren't gonna stay in here and do that?" He says in a voice that's a cross between seductive and whiny. Now it's my turn to flip him off and very carefully lock the door to my bathroom.

Unsurprisingly, he jiggles the handle and groans, "Let me in! I have to go to the bathroom!" I groan back exasperatedly. "Too bad. Hold it."

I hear him tread back across the floor and sit back down somewhere, probably my bed. For all his bellyaching, he really doesn't seem to be too grumpy anymore. It was like he's just acting the way he is it because he has to keep up an act or something. I don't know why, but that makes me feel really good inside.

I hear his footsteps approach the door again and stop, and since I'm done changing, I open it. He must have been leaning on it, because when I open the door he falls right onto me and I tumble back onto the floor.