Chapter 11 - Tony Stark Gives Me Fashion Advice

***********************************************************************************************

Hi guys so I couldn't decide on whether I was gonna use the Peter Parker from The Amazing Spiderman or from Civil War, but I've gone for Civil War Peter, mostly because there's no plot line to include. Yes I am very lazy. :)
Sorry for the humongous gap in chapters, I had exams, then I was on holiday, and now there's a lot of stress happening but I will try to update more often!! 😊

***********************************************************************************************

Pepper showed me her study and logged on to her computer, emphasizing that I must not go into any files - without the right security clearance they would encrypt the contents, and that was very annoying apparently. I pulled up Google Chrome and typed in 'spider boy'. A forum page caught my eye, so I clicked and started to read.

User 1724: Have any of you seen the Spiderman video??
Talknerdytome: Yeah, probably a fake though.
User 6938: looked pretty real to me AND the police all saw him lol
Talknerdytome: Okay, but could be a prank. After all, this guy only just showed up and we've had all sorts of crazies after the Avengers decided to base themselves here.
User 1724: True. oh well it's cool though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I clicked on the link above the chat to lead me to the video. It showed Peter wearing a red and blue costume, swinging away from the police station and around the block. The camera then turned back to where a long haired man was wrapped in webs and suspended just in front of the police station.
I had learned two things. One - Spiderman was only just beginning to fight crime, two, he was a kid, which was surprising. Most of the superheros around here are adults, so it was kind of weird to find another teenager so soon.

I closed the tab and thanked Pepper for letting me use her computer, then went back to my room. I pulled out the list and added a couple of things to it. I crossed out 'clothes' and wrote in T-shirts, jeans, jumper, socks, bras and underwear.
I walked out into the kitchen and turned the corner to see Tony Stark standing by the counter eating a bowl of cereal.
"Uh, hi," I said awkwardly.
"Pepper?" Tony called.
"Yes?" Came a muffled reply.
"There is a child in our kitchen!"
"Her name is Clara, be nice!"
"There is a child! In our kitchen!" Tony reiterated.
"Yes!" Pepper yelled back.
"Should I go?" I asked.
"No you're fine." Tony said, munching another spoonful of cereal - I noticed now that they were Lucky Charms. "She doesn't tell me anything."
"Yes I do Tony! You just don't listen!" Came Pepper's voice again.
"Also she told me I had to eat healthy cereal." He took another spoonful. "She keeps hiding my Lucky Charms."
"Oh."
"You know you might want to change your clothes. The paparazzi will make up weird crap if you look like you just got hit by a fire ball."
"I did," I gulped. "I got blown up by a nuclear reactor and now I'm weird and I don't know what's happening and I want to go home but I can't because it's in an exclusion zone and all my family are dead." I finished talking just before the dam burst and the tears came.
"Pepper?!" Tony yelled. Pepper hurried around the corner with a scowl that vanished the second she saw my face.
"Hey," she said. "Are you okay?" I shrugged.
"I don't know, I'm fine until I think about what's happening." She gave me a hug, then pulled away and said "Grieving is a weird process." I nodded. She glared at Tony.
"I said be nice!"
"I tried!" He spluttered, accidentally spitting marshmallow onto the counter. "I talked about cereal!"
"Yes, cereal which you really shouldn't be eating." She pursed her lips. "I thought I told you you need to eat healthy?"
"I think you should know that I ate an apple yesterday."
"That's not particularly impressive."
"My dad used to be kind of strict on sugar," I said suddenly. "He didn't want me and Tia going hyper."
"Huh," Tony mumbled.
"Mum was rebellious about it though," I smiled. "She used to sneak us Mars bars and stuff."
"I need to get Rhodie to sneak me food." Tony said. "I'm gonna starve on this diet."
"He won't do it." Pepper said, walking out of the room. "I told him that if he did I'd confiscate his suit."
Tony stared, open mouthed, at Pepper's retreating figure.
"I cannot believe her."