01: fairs

"you wanna know something?" I asked the boy next to me as we entered the gates of the fair."I've never been to a fair before. I've never even been on a Farris wheel."

"seriously? what kind of person hasn't been on a Farris wheel? I honestly can't believe this." he joked, still walking closely to me, way to close for my comfort. I mean, I did meet him just last week, and this was the longest conversation we had ever had.

"so what should we do first?" he spoke again, breaking my thoughts, and both of us simultaneously looking around. "Oh! how about that one!" I yelled as my eyes landed on a huge spinning thing. he glared at me. "of course you choose the one that spins."

as we neared the line, I could feel the nerves collecting in my stomach. was I actually scared of some dainty little fair ride? like, what if I embarrassed myself? what if I threw up all over some cute boy that I had know for only a week?

"olive?" I felt a nudge on my shoulder, quickly snapping out of my thoughts and turning to Shawn. "sorry. I'm just pretty nervous. considering I barely know you and I'm also about to ride some ride that could probably be set up and taken down within 30 minutes", I explained, awkwardly chuckling.

"so you're scared its gonna fall or break? don't worry about that, it's only happened once or twice." he responded. I shot a look at him, softly smacking his arm. " but really, you don't have to be nervous about that. and if I was some psychotic serial killer, I probably would have already killed you."

and before I knew it we were stepping on the ride and being strapped in. I grabbed the bar in front of us, and as soon as the ride began, I let out a scream. but soon enough, I was having a lot of fun. we were both sliding back and forth on the seat, laughing every time one of us would slid down the seat and hit the other.

after the ride ended, we did a few more. ok, not a few, probably almost every single ride at the place. he bought me food, even after I refused to let him, but eventually gave in.

but there was just one thing we hadn't done. the Farris wheel. as we sat in the seats across from each other, I couldn't help but feel a tinge of excitement. and as the ride began and we reached the top, I realized that this experience was definitely going to be worth it.

"so", I began, finally breaking the comfortable silence," tell me a little about yourself. like, what's your family like? or your career?"

"well if you must know, I'm actually a singer. I also play the guitar. usually during the summers I'm touring, but this summer I decided to take a break for awhile. to, you know, spend my summer with friends and such. what about you?" he finished. a singer? who had toured before? why did I not know him?

"well, I'm actually really into art and writing. you know the typical girl that you'd meet in s coffee shop." I paused as we both laughed. "I'm starting college soon, here in Toronto. mainly for writing, but I do some art in my free time."

after that, we both sat in silence for the rest of the ride. as I was looking at the colorful lights of all the rides, and taking a few pictures, so I could eventually paint or write about this.

and as the ride came to a stop and we parted our ways to our cars, I also realized that these next few weeks would be something that would stay with me for the rest of my life.

OH MY I'm soooo sorry it took me so long to update, but I just wanted to make sure this was as good as I could make it! school also just started back up so I've been busy:((

sorry for any mistakes, but I hope you guys liked this!!! :) xx