Chapter 8 - What Have I Done??

Briar's POV

Did I just do that!?! My god, I feel so guilty now. I didn't mean to say all those things, they just kinda slipped out. Probably because I was a bit jealous too, since Myles ditched me for her. I have to apologize!

"Briar I cant believe you just said all those thing!?!" Said Jessy

"I know..I feel so guilty..."

"What!?! I meant it in a good way! She definitely deserved it!"

"No she didn't! Myles didn't even tell her about what was happening. She had no idea that me and Myles were hanging out and plus I don't blame her, I would have reacted in a similar way."

"I guess.." Said Jessy giving up hope

"I have to go say how sorry I am"

"uh huh....but didn't she send you a text saying that you had to watch out"

"well I don't care. I'm going to be the bigger person and say I'm sorry to her tomorrow at dance"

"ok. I suppose that the better thing to do" she said finally seeing my side of things

Myles' POV

As Abi and I walk around the shopping centre, there's an awkward silence. She hasn't said a word since Briar said those things to her. I don't know if I should be angry at Briar or not. The things she said were quite harsh but I guess I can't say much since Abi said some things too and I kinda ditched her to go shopping with Abi.

"Are you ok??" I ask

"yea...im fine" she replies. I can tell she's not ok, she's hasn't talked in an hour! Even though she can be really annoying I still do care about her, she nearly lost her dad a day or two before Briar came and she was a nervous wreck that whole day.

"Abi, i know you're not ok. Just tell me whats wrong?" I ask nice and calmly

"Myles please, i dont to talk about it. Theres just so much going on in my life right now. From my father near death to this i just dont know if i can handle it anymore. Please..i just want to keep strong and just enjoy the rest of my day." She says nearly on the verge of tears.

"Its ok, i understand" i reply while pulling her into a hug 

"Im sorry for acting the way i did, you are alll i have left and i dont want to lose you either. The two people left in my life right now are you are and my father. My mother died long gone. Thats why im so protective of you, i dont want to lose you too"

"I know, so c'mon lets go get ice-cream" i say dragging her by the hand

"Thanks Myles" she said with a smile slowly forming on her face

After a while, she starts talking a bit more and she starts to enjoy herself. Abi wasnt very protective a month or two ago, but ever since her dad has been in a life threatening situation she has been very protective of me and thats why i try to keep her happy alot of the time. After another hour or two, she said she wanted to go home and check on her dad so i drop her off and her home and go back to my own.

*The Next Day*

Briar's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling so guilty. I cant believe i said all those things. I usually am the one to sympathise people after someone says something rude to them but now i was the one causing it. What have i done?.. No matter how much Jessy tried to take my mind off things, i couldnt stop thinking about how mean i had been to her. Now Myles is going to think i am a horrible person. My god, i really messed up. I decided i had to fix things, by apologising to Abi at dance. 

I pack my dance wear, eat, shower, brush and straighten my hair, apply some make-up and put on a floral top, light blue ripped jeans and a black leather jacket to top it off. As i head out my door, i knock on Abbey's door to indicate that i was ready. I walk downstairs and sit on the couch waiting for Abbey to finish and for Jessy to arrive so we can walk to dance together. While i sit on my couch i scroll through my Instagram feed and i notice a picture Abi posted of her and Myles kissing her on the cheek. I cant help but feel a tinge of sadness and jealously. After a minute or two, i hear Abbey walk downstairs and Jessy arrives soon after. 

"Hey, you ok after yesterday?" Jessy ask

"Yea, im ok but i have to apologize today" i reply

"Did i miss something? What happened Briar??" Asks Abbey full of concern, so the whole walk to CDC was filled with me and Jessy explaining the whole dilenma to Abbey.