Chapter 16 : Mr. Annoyed

Start from the beginning

''It's the truth,'' Brooke says softly. I smile at her in gratitude.

My phone indicates me I get another text and I open it immediately.

I have a request.

My eyebrows draw together.

Anything, I type back. And I mean it. I'd do anything for him – whatever he asked for, I'd do it.

I'm waiting for that text, impatient. I worry my bottom lip with my teeth and bounce my leg up and down in expectation as to what is Braden going to ask from me. The text shows on my phone and I almost drop it from my hands.

Move in with me.

I stare down at the text, my heart racing fast against my ribcage.

Oh, my god.

I know he asked me to move in with him yesterday, but I didn't think he was serious. God. I do want to move in with him, I really do. But I have my doubts and fears, still, and I don't think I'm ready to leave that comfort yet.

I sigh, battling with myself. I doubt he'll give up easily if he truly wants this. He can be quite persistent if he wants to and there's no doubt I'll be living with him soon.

We'll see

I send him and put the phone down, my wide eyes staring straight forward, but not seeing anything, my chest expanded. My body is fighting a battle as to why I should move in with Braden and then my mind lists the reasons why I shouldn't.

I rub my eyes and massage my temples. I can't think right now, I can't decide so fast. I need some time because this is not a decision you should make on an impulse.

So I continue watching the movie without seeing much.

***

I stir awake as I'm being lifted and moved away. I don't manage to fully wake up, I only sense a warm, hard body cradling me close.

''Braden,'' I mumble, not even trying to open my eyes.

''Shh,'' comes the soothing, familiar voice in a whisper. ''I'm here, baby.'' He kisses my temple and I sigh in content, putting my head on his chest and nuzzle into him.

I let out a protesting sound when he lays me down on the bed and I lose the warmth of him. I lift my arms up to let him know that he should come back to me. I hear the clothes rustle and the longer I don't touch him, more restless I become, moaning out in protest.

I feel him then, tugging at my clothes. I let him and my body calms down at his familiar touch, my arms stay stretched out in front of me for him, regardless.

When I feel him undress me, leaving me only in my underwear, I feel the bed dip and he places his hands on my hands, putting them on his chest and he hugs me close to his body. I sigh again and nuzzle into his warm, comfortable body, wrapping myself around him completely.

I feel him kiss the top of my head before I fall back into deep slumber.

***

The morning comes all too soon and the ringing of my phone makes me sit up in bed with fright. I blink a few times to clear my sight and see that it's already a day outside.

I grab the ringing phone in my hand and see Braden's name written on the screen. I don't hesitate to answer it. ''Hey, Braden,'' I greet him. My voice is low and still groggy from the sleep.

''Good morning, Rory. I'm sorry if I woke you up,'' his smooth, deep voice greets me back, making me close my eyes and lean my head back on the headboard.