Anna scoffed, "Oh shut up."

Lana raised an eyebrow, "Okay then, Seymour, I'll do that for you."

Anna scowled, "Bloody wit."

Lana laughed, "Glad you think that of me, now go and sit down."

Anna did so, sitting at her desk on the far side of the room, giving a fake, sweet smile that made Lana feel like shoving thallium down her throat when Xavier called out to her from across the room.

"I love you, Anniebelles!"

Anna used a sickly sweet voice with a fake lisp when she replied, "Love you too, Xavzapoo!"

This was an ordeal that Lana had to sit through every single day, scowling down at her work like it was the cause of her annoyance. She worked through the eye sex though, and came out a stronger woman each day. The half of lunch that was going on went slowly by as she listened to the tonsil tennis and watched the eye sex. She would admit to being very relieved when they went out at twelve for an early lunch and worked for the hour before her friend showed up and they could drop into a nearby coffee shop.

The report that Lana was writing was beginning to irritate her. Her grammar was beginning to fail on the paper and her writing seemed to be getting rather more scruffy than it was when she started working. Lana sighed and looked at the clock, she needed her coffee right now. Or whenever her friend got there, but she wanted it now. She also didn't care that it was still fifteen minutes before her friend was due to get there. She did care that Anna had just walked into the room.

"Feeling a bit lonely, Veal?" Anna was so freaking patronising when she wanted to humiliate the shit out of someone.

Lana smirked.

"Oh no, you needn't worry about me, Seymour, listen. I have voices in my head from when I got a little too close to a chemical and they keep me company for as long as I want them to."

Anna was about to think up a so very witty reply to Lana when she was interrupted by a friendy yet loud and happy voice.

"LANA!" The voice sung.

Lana giggled. "Enjoying yourself there, Phoebe?"

"You bet I am!" Phoebe was probably that most excitable person that Lana had ever met, though she knew that Phoebe had her secrets. Phoebe was small with wispy but adorable strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes with a pretty sheen to them.

"So, you ready to go?"

"Yep!"

"You sure you need coffee, Phoebe?"

"Yep! Coffee is tasty!"

Lana laughed, "Yes, it's also a stimulant."

Phoebe poked her, "Silly, I'm too hyper to go on a caffeine high!"

Lana mocked a face palm, "God, I hope so."

Anna had to stick her nose in at that point.

"Veal! Blaspheming is bad!"

"Okay, Seymour, you're speaking like you just might be five, I'm an atheist."

"Fuck off."

Lana smiled, "As you were!"

Lana and Phoebe walked out at that point, ready to spend an hour or so of coffee and light chatter. Lana noticed that Phoebe was a bit off today; her smile seemed wider and more forced and her eyes were incredibly sad. Both women were beginning to feel the rain on their faces.