☄ One ☄

Vic's POV

"Vic. Wake up. We're going to be late again." I heard my boyfriend whisper into my ear. I groaned and pushed him away then buried my face into the pillow. I heard a sigh and the bed slightly shifted. Moments later, the bedroom door was opening. I let out a sigh of relief before snuggling up under the blankets again.

A few minutes later, the door opened again. "Vic, I'm serious, get up." He said.

"But I'm tired!" I whined. 

"Sucks to be you then." He said with a hint of amusement in his voice. I was about to ask him what's so funny when I felt freezing cold liquid on my head. 

"Holy fuck!" I shouted, jumping out of bed. He saw how mad I was and squealed then ran out of the room. After the shock wore off, I started chasing him. "What was that for?" I shouted after him.

"You wouldn't get out of bed." He shouted back.

"So you pour water on me?" I asked. 

"Yes." He laughed. 

Once I caught up to him, I tackled him to ground the ground. He let out a squeal then started laughing hysterically. He put up his hands to cover his face from my sight.

"What's so funny?" I asked him, genuinely confused.

"I don't know." He said in between laughs. I smiled and took his hands, removing his hands from his face. I just sat on top of him and stared at him. Once he stopped laughing, he looked up at me. 

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked quietly. 

"Because I can't stop once I start." I told him. I took a piece of hair that was in his face and tucked it behind his ear.

"Why though? You did it all the time?" He asked. 

"You're just so beautiful. I still don't understand how I ended up with someone like you." I said.

"You don't mean that." He said quietly. He was getting all self-conscious on me again. 

"But I do." I said. I leaned down and pressed my lips to his in a soft, loving kiss.

"I love you." He said once we pulled apart.

"And I love you." I told him. I got up off of him and held out my hand for him to grab. He took it and I pulled him off of the floor. 

"Go get ready. We leave in ten minutes." He said to me.

"Tell me again why we decided to own an animal shelter?" I whined. 

"Because you just love animals so much." He told me then skipped down the hall, away from me. 

I love this man more than life itself and I'm going to tell you just how that happened.

---

New story. I'm actually going to write this one.