Four

(Italics are Corey text messages Bold is Grace text messages)

Hey beautiful.😍

Oh, finally decided to contact me?😂

I'm so sorry I got caught up with work. Can I make it up to you?😔

How do you think you can do that?

Let me take you out to dinner.

What time?

6. So is that a yes?

Yes

We sorted out a few details before hanging up and I texted Joc to come over.
"What's up?"
"I texted Grace and we're going to dinner tonight but I don't know where we are going or what to wear to impress her"
"Hmm" He sits on the sofa and seems to zone out but comes back quickly. "What about that fancy italian place farther in the city?"
"Oh!! Yes!! That'll be prefect. Do I have to wear like a tux or something though? That would be too fancy"
"Nah you should be fine in a nice button up and khakis. Maybe wear a tie or something if you're feeling it"
"Okay. Thanks man. Do you want to do something?"

After a few hours of videogames and fighting over the Warriors game I glance at the clock and almost have a heart attack.
"Holy shit Joc" It's 5:30 and I haven't even showered let alone get dressed and make myself look presentable. I run upstairs and yell at him to go pick up flowers while I shower. I get in once I hear him leave, taking the quickest shower of my life. I finish and get dressed like Joc told me in a nicer blue button up and khakis. I roll up the sleeves a little and find a nice watch then quickly stule my hair. Joc is back by now and runs up with the flowers and too see if help is needed.
"Corey tie!!"
"I don't have time for a tie!!" I grab the flowers and my wallet as I feel a tie wrap around my neck.
"No! Dude I gotta go!!"
"I got it!!" He ties it faster than I've ever seen possible then shoves me out the door.
"Use my car!! 10x faster! And hotter!" He throws me the keys to his new BMW. Well, let's hope I don't crash.

"I'm so sorry I'm late beautiful" I pass the flowers to Grace as she laughs.
"You're only a minute late. It's fine and thank you for the flowers, you can come in" I follow her in and close the door. She takes the flowers into what I'm assuming to be her kitchen so I decide to follow. I was right.
"You look very pretty tonight. I mean, you always look pretty. But yeah..." I trail off not knowing where I was going and watch her hold back a laugh.
"Thank you, you look very handsome tonight, as you always do" She sets the flowers in a vase then turns to me. "Ready?"

"You have a BMW??"
"Um...no. It's my friends I had to borrow it"
"Oh. Is your car broken?"
"Nah I just had to impress you beautiful" I smile at her in the passenger seat and watch her blush.
"You know your car doesn't matter?"
"Oh but it does" I take her hand and kiss her knuckles before speeding up a little and heading to our destination.

"Woah how did you get us in here? This is so expensive"
"Did you forget I'm like the coolest, newest, hottest rookie for the LA Dodgers?"
"No how could I?" I hold open the door and walk her in and we get our table in no time.

"Thank you for dinner Corey I really enjoyed it"
"It was my pleasure Grace. We will definitely need to do it again sometime"
"Of course" Her smile makes the butterflies in my stomach to go up in a flurry.
"Bye Grace"
"Bye Corey"
She starts closing the door and I quickly grab it holding it open.
"One more thing"
"Yeah?"
I kiss her cheek and step back smiling.
"I'll text you later beautiful"