Chapter 1

You abruptly sat up in your bed, breathing heavily. You put your hand over your chest to try to calm your racing heart from the recent nightmare. This hadn't been the first time you had that dream. But every time you have, you always wake up breathing heavily. You were extremely scared for all your friends, whether they were alive or not, this is what made the dream scary for you. The virus had already spread throughout Europe, wiping the population out to a mere 10 percent left. You would've died that day, December 25th, but there was something that blocked your way, making you live.

~>* Eight Years Ago *<~

You were currently up late, taking a walk through town trying to get some fresh air before you went back to your homework. School in Europe wasn't as easy as Japan. Their studies were ten times harder and there was much more work involved. Exams were coming up, causing you to over stress yourself with training. Your arms were sore from all the training as you walked down the street, breathing in the fresh air. You specialized more in long-ranged weapons, knowing all their strengths and weaknesses. You were extremely skilled in fighting with long-ranged weapons, knowing how to shoot guns and throw knifes. But beyond that, you could skillfully swing a sword. But you were required to know how to fight skillfully with a sword at the school. Everyone in your school were from prestigious families in Europe. You, being the only outsider, got bullied by other students and even teachers. The students would stop and stare at you every time you would walk by, sometimes even throwing things at you. The teachers weren't any better as they would give you harder assignments and whenever there were exams, their judging standards would be twice as high than a normal student. It wasn't easy being a studious student there, but when it came to fighting, you were the eliete. Even fighting wasn't that hard for you and you beat most of the opponents thrown your way. Although you have that status on the field, people still challenged you to fights. These types of things flew threw your head everyday. You quickly checked your watch, reading 11:56. You needed to head home before it got too late. You turned around and headed in the direction of your apartment. Even this late onto the night there were many people still laughing with their friends or touring around the city. You didn't have any friends to laugh with so you took your walks around the city by yourself. You looked back at your watch, 11:59 it read. You started walking a little faster upon seeing the time.

Suddenly, you saw the people around you fall to the ground in immense pain. You fell down to your knees, clutching your chest where your heart would be. It felt like someone was squeezing it inside your chest. The others close to you quickly died in the spot, some dropping dead and not even letting out a scream. You wirthed in pain on the floor, trying your best not to scream out. Suddenly, you heard words on a loud speaker.

"This is your punishment humans! Because of Japan's meddling with power, they created a disease that would wipe out humanity to the brink of destruction. Everyone over the age of 13 will die out today. Because of this, we, the vampires, will be taking you in to supply you with shelter and food. Let the vampires rule the land once again~!" the voice, a males, rung out. Your eyes widened greatly, but lessened again because of the pain getting worse than before. The last thing you saw was someone sitting down next to you, before you passed out, unconscious.

Waking up, it took you a minute to process what happened. You gasped slightly and abruptly sat up in bed. You were sure you were going to die on the floor. Then you remembered the vampire. You quickly moved your head around to see the same person you saw sitting in a chair, reading what seemed to be documents. You studied him, noticing his red and white hair put into two braids, his black coat with gold buttons, black top hat with gold embroiderment on the top front, white button- up shirt with bright blue bow tie hanging loosely on the front. He looked over at you and you noticed the small scowl on his face, the small fangs sticking out of them. But most importantly, you saw the bright red eyes he had that practically shined in the rooms little light. So he's a vampire. He glared at you, an intimidating look in his eyes. You just stared back innocently, not putting a glare or scowl on your face. He clicked his tounge and stood up from his seat. That was when you notice his short statue, and it took everything in you not to chuckle. He walked up to you, and because you were still sitting on the side of the bed, it made him the same height as you. He looked you up and down, lingering on some parts more than others. Once he finished staring,  he looked back up to your face. You noticed a small hint of approval lingering in his eyes.

"Why am I here?" you blurted out randomly. He looked at you surprised, but chose not to answer your question.

"Do you know who I am?" he inquired, leading you to shake your head from side to side. Suddenly, you felt an excruciating pain in your chest, similar to the night before. You fell over on your side, almost screaming in pain but quickly catching yourself. The pain was much stronger than before. You groaned at how intense it was, causing the person's eyes to widen greatly before smirking. At the moment, you wanted to die, to escape all your problems. You couldn't take all the pain and suffering thrown your way. Slowly, you reached into your jacket pocket, pulling our your small dagger. You saw the person's eyes widen once again.

"What do you think your doing?!" he exclaimed. You just looked at him before clutching your chest again. You brought the knife up and in one swift movement, plunged it into your chest.

You woke up once again, without feeling any pain. But your pain us replaced by something else, a craving. You didn't know what you were craving, but the craving was great. You looked around the room and once again found the man sitting in the corner of the room. A feeling of deja vu set in, causing you to scramble up and scoot back on your bed to the wall. The man noticed your panicked expression and smirked a bit. He walked over to you and you tried to scramble back even further.

"I'm not going to hurt you." he smirked.

"W-what did you do to me?" you exclaim, slightly scared of what he did while you were unconscious. You remembered the stab wound you inflicted upon yourself and your hand quickly flew up to find that it was completely healed. You gasped in surprise causing the man before you to laugh heartily.
"What did yo-" you started to tell at him before something clicked. "You!" you yelled pointing at him, "you turned me into a vampire didn't you!" you finished, falling to the side onto the bed, resting in your back. He laughed again and rested his hands on the side of the bed.

"Yes, yes I did. You are a vampire now. I bet you have a strong craving for blood. Here." he lifted up an unconscious young boy, "drink up." his voice was kind, yet demanding. You felt the craving grow stronger upon seeing the human. You hand slowly reached out before you quickly pulled away and turned around, not facing the boy.

"I will absolutely not drink human blood. I should've died, so why did you do this?" you questioned, your back still turned.

"I have my reasons, now drink up." you heard him slit the wrist of the human. You couldn't take it anymore. You leaped out of the bed and grabbed hold of the boy. You moved his shirt away from his shoulder and took a big bite, piercing holes in the soft skin. After swallowing a mouthful, you began to feel queasy. You fell back and blacked out, not aware of your current state.