Accident

Even before I knew what occured that fatal night, wierd things happened to me.

       I was the starting quarterback on the football team for Jones High School. I was in 11th grade, had lots of friends, and the best girlfriend in the world, Ashley Parks. She was the head cheerleader.

       On November 15, I had a major football game. Ashley looked so beautiful with her flowing brown hair in her uniform. She waved to me, and I waved back. I noticed her best friend, Jessica Palmer, in the crowd. When I glanced away, but could still see her in my peripheral vision, I saw Ashley leaning over Jessica, talking to her. I turned my head back quickly, to see only Jessica. Ashley was still on the side of the field. I shrugged it off and got warmed up for the game.

      It was the end of the game. There was only one play left, and we were losing 19-14. We had the ball on our 30 yard line. I was going to run for the winning touchdown. The play went perfect. Almost. As I was running, the scenery changed. Instead of running on soft turf, I was running on the hard cream floor of the school. Instead of being free on open field around me, I was constricted to the sterile white walls. Instead of holding the football, I was holding Ashley's hand, and she was running with me. We both were wearing horrindous clothes from World War Two. Instead of running to the goaline, we were running to a dark silouhette holding a knife.

    "We need to turn around!" Ashley yelled.

    "But the touchdown's that way!" I yelled back. Suddenly, I got tackled by an invisible force. The last thing I remember thinking was I'm cold. I should put on a jacket. I blacked out.

    When I awoke, I was surronded by people. I was back on the football field, with everything back to normal.

   "John are you okay?" my coach asked, standing next to the paramedics.

   "Uhh, what happened?" I asked.

   "You were tackled HARD by the defense. Your ankle is twisted and hit your head on the gorund after your helmet flew off." another coach told me.

   "Don't get up, we're afraid you have a concussion." a paramedic said. "Let's take him to the hospital for a check-up." she told her colleuge.

  I rode to the hospital, with my parents and Ashley right behind me. I don't know if it was my concussion making me see things, but a dark shadow was in that ambulance with me.