Chapter 6: What Could Have Been

//Author's Note: This chapter has been long overdue and I apologize for the late and shitty update. I hope I can finally reveal the exact reason why they broke up soon. I'd love to read your thoughts on this one in the comments ❤️//

*Christina's POV*
It has only been a 20-minute ride with Adam and being in a closed space with him is already becoming intolerable with only the sound of the car's engine and the sound of our own breathing preventing complete silence from taking over. I tried to sit still and keep looking straight through the window, being cautious of where my eyes travel because it may fall somewhere on Adam's direction. By the way he's been acting lately, the last thing I want is to send him any false message with my actions. I feel like only a single glance at him and he'll already assume that I want him inside my pants... or maybe not, maybe I'm just overreacting. But who wouldn't be melodramatic when your ex-boyfriend slash ex-fiance is toying your emotions and acting oddly bipolar? Firstly, asshole is an understatement to call him for how he treated me in the first 2 days of our meeting after 2 years and then suddenly he's keen on pursuing me and constantly finding a way to flirt with me in any situation even though it's not obscure to us that he's married and I'm committed. The only reason he gave me is he's jealous of Cam which is not even an acceptable reason because he lost the right of getting affected when I'm with another man the moment he left me 2 years ago. Perhaps what they say is untrue, it's not that you don't realize what you have until it's gone, but instead you want what you had when it already belongs to someone else because it's lacerating your stupid pride. It's not that they realize how significant you are when you're gone, it's the fact that they realize how significant you made them feel and you're not there anymore to feed their ego. They tug at your heartstrings, build walls of fairytale around you then drop you like you're nothing, like not a single minute with you meant anything to them. That's what Adam did to me, and now he just wants me back because it hurts his pride to see that he's not the center of my world anymore. Cam is my present, and Adam... Adam should be left in the past. I'm not giving him the pleasure of shattering me again.

As the car travels further, It began to register to me that the direction we're heading towards is not the way to my house.

"Adam this is not the way to my house."

"I know" He simply said without withdrewing his eyes off the road.

"Then where the hell are you taking me?" I exclaimed, my voice cracking and a little high pitched due to fear. It's not that I'm of scared of Adam, but being alone with him longer than this is what terrifies me. Being alone with him takes me to a trip down memory lane, memories that are too painful to relive.

Adam refused to answer my question making me ask him the second time around, but this time sounding more demanding and firm. But to my disappointment, again, he replied with silence.

Since he wouldn't fess up, I looked around and tried to recognize where we are but failed. I've never been in this part of L.A. The only thing in sight were groups of tall trees. It looked like we're in a road situated in the middle of a forest.

"Are you kidnapping me?" I asked agitatedly.

"Sort of" His lips beared a mischievous smile.

"Adam are you out of your mind?!"

"Maybe" He shrugged.

"I want to go home turn the fucking car around!" I sounded like a kid throwing a tantrum. "Just pull over I'll take a
cab!"

Adam suddenly stomped on the break and the car abruptly stopped. I would've probably hit my head if it weren't for the seatbelt pulling me back to my seat.