Chapter 2: Fighting

A year passed, and there was no sign of the flea. Then one day I saw him. He was talking to some people.

I grabbed a trash can and threw it at him. With success. He glided across the asphalt a few feet then got up.

I walked over. "Well, well. What's up, Izaya? I thought I told you never to step foot in Ikebukuro again. You remember that, Izaya, don't cha!?"

"Shizu-chan," he said calmly, "Last I heard you were running some gig down by the west gate."

I laughed a little. "Got fired ages ago. And I thought I told you never to call me that. My name is Shizuo Heiwajima. Try and get it right!"

He laughed. "Oh come on, Shizu-chan. So I pinned you for something you didn't do. Who knew you'd get so mad?"

I smiled. "Oh, I'm not mad. I just want to beat the shit out of you!"

"You know the problem with you, Shizu-chan, is that you can't be swayed by reason, and that's bad. Really bad." He paused. "Now, if you don't mind, I'll be going." He turned and ran

"GOD DAMNIT, IZAYA!!!!!!" I chased after him.

I ran past a sign so I grabbed it and threw it at Izaya as if it were a spear. Of course, it just barely missed him.

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU, YOU BASTARD!!!!!"

I heard him laugh as he ran around a corner.

Damn him, always running away from me. I just want to strangle him, until he chokes on his own blood.

Of course, as I thought about it, I lost him.

I yelled as loud as I could, "IIIIIIIZAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" I punched an old abandoned building, and it came crumbling down. I heard a scream from inside.

"The hell was that?"

I walked closer and saw someone underneath part of the building. I lifted it up and let the person out...

It was that damn flea!

He took off running and I gave chase, until I lost him. I went home, tired.

'I'll kill him tomorrow,' I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After 3 years of almost killing each other, we started to somewhat get along...